A Lego Brickumentary
|A LEGO Brickumentary|
Theatrical release poster
|Narrated by||Jason Bateman|
|Music by||John Jennings Boyd|
A Lego Brickumentary (also known as Beyond the Brick: A Lego Brickumentary) is a 2014 Danish-American documentary film co-directed by Kief Davidson and Daniel Junge, focused on the Danish construction toy Lego. The film was released on July 31, 2014.
A LEGO Brickumentary offers a look at the global appeal of the LEGO building-block toy.
- Jason Bateman as Narrator
- Jamie Berard as Himself
- Alice Finch as Herself
- Bret Harris as Himself
- G.W. Krauss as Himself
- Dan Legoff as Himself
- Nathan Sawaya as Himself
- Brian Whitaker as Himself
The film received mixed reviews from critics. Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reports a 53% rating based on 43 reviews. On Metacritic, the film has a 53 out of 100 rating based on 16 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
Peter Sobczynski of RogerEbert.com gave the film two-and-a-half stars out of five. Peter Debruge of Variety writes that the film feels like a "glorified DVD extra" for The Lego Movie. Spectrum Culture wrote that "Brickumentary is both interesting and informative as well as being fun. There may be no “other side” to this documentary, but it does, indeed, give great depth to the toy, its inception and evolution. It also manages, quite successfully, to never, ever be boring." Jordan Hoffman of the New York Daily News gave the film one out of five stars, noting "As a movie, it can be as annoying as stepping on a stray LEGO brick with your socks off."
- Debruge, Peter (July 31, 2015). "'A Lego Brickumentary' Review: Something to Watch While Building Lego". Variety. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "A LEGO Brickumentary (2015)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- "A LEGO Brickumentary (2015)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "A LEGO Brickumentary". Metacritic. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Sobczynski, Peter (July 31, 2015). "A LEGO Brickumentary Movie Review (2015)". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Maçek III, J.C. (August 3, 2015). "A LEGO Brickumentary". Spectrum Culture.
- Hoffman, Jordan (July 29, 2015). "'A Lego Brickumentary' review: Boring documentary". Daily News. New York. Retrieved August 2, 2015.