A Man Holdin' On (To a Woman Lettin' Go)
|"A Man Holdin' On (To a Woman Lettin' Go)"|
|Single by Ty Herndon|
|from the album Big Hopes|
|B-side||"Just Enough to Get to Memphis"|
|Released||March 23, 1998|
|Ty Herndon singles chronology|
"A Man Holdin' On (To a Woman Lettin' Go)" is a song written by Gene Dobbins, John Ramey and Bobby Taylor, and recorded by American country music artist Ty Herndon. It was released in March 1998 as the first single from his album Big Hopes. The song reached number 5 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in July 1998.
The song offers up different lyrical snapshots of men in difficult transitions.
Larry Flick, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that the "caliber of the song, combined with Herndon's strong vocal performance and Byron Gallimore's skilled production, should guarantee it heavy airplay."
The music video was directed by Steven Goldmann and premiered in early 1998.
"A Man Holdin' On" debuted at number 74 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of March 28, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||14|
|US Billboard Hot 100||81|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||92|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||47|
- Ty Herndon Hot Country Songs Chart History
- Billboard, March 21, 1998
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3644." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. August 3, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Ty Herndon – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Ty Herndon.
- "Ty Herndon – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Ty Herndon.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|