A Moment in Time (album)
|A Moment in Time|
|Studio album by Lorrie Morgan|
|Released||October 27, 2009|
|Lorrie Morgan chronology|
|Singles from A Moment in Time|
A Moment in Time is the tenth studio album by American country music artist Lorrie Morgan. The album was released on October 27, 2009 via Stroudavarious. It is a covers album, featuring a total of 14 traditional country classics.
After signing to the newly formed Stroudavarious Records in 2008, Morgan began work on her first studio album since 2004's Show Me How. An album titled I Walk Alone was available through Morgan's fan club and at concerts, but its release to the public was delayed. Instead, A Moment in Time, which consists of traditional country songs, was released on October 27, 2009. The album features fourteen covers, including Mel Street's "Borrowed Angel," Glen Campbell's "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," and Freddie Hart's Number One hit "Easy Loving." Two songs on the album are duets, Tracy Lawrence ("After the Fire Is Gone") and Raul Malo ("Easy Lovin'").
In promotion for the album, Morgan made appearances on CMT and GAC throughout October. She appeared on Daytime on October 29, 2009, and she also appeared on The Daily Buzz on November 3, 2009. She also appeared as a celebrity guest judge on an episode of Iron Chef America. In 2010, Morgan played the role of "Lula" in the Broadway adaptation of Pure Country, the 1992 film starring George Strait.
- "Cry" (Churchill Kohlman) — 3:53
- "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" (Lou Handman, Roy Turk) — 3:17
- "After the Fire Is Gone" (L.E. White) — 2:41
- featuring Tracy Lawrence
- "Leavin' on Your Mind" (Webb Pierce, Wayne Walker) — 3:29
- "Borrowed Angel" (Mel Street) — 3:18
- "Break It to Me Gently" (Diane Charlotte Lampert, Joe Seneca) — 2:39
- "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" (Jimmy Webb) — 3:04
- "Easy Lovin'" (Freddie Hart) — 2:45
- featuring Raul Malo
- "'Til I Get It Right" (Larry Henley, Red Lane) — 3:33
- "Alright I'll Sign the Papers" (Mel Tillis) — 2:48
- "I'm Always on a Mountain When I Fall" (Chuck Howard) — 2:53
- "Misty Blue" (Bob Montgomery) — 3:30
- "Wine Me Up" (Billy Deaton, Faron Young) — 2:41
- "Lovin' on Backstreets" (Hugh King)— 3:01
A Moment in Time debuted at #50 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums chart; however, it has since reached a peak of #40.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||40|