A Mother's Gift
and Lynne Spears
|Publisher||Delacorte Books for Young Readers|
|April 10, 2001|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
|LC Class||PZ7.S739 Mo 2001|
A Mother's Gift is a 2001 novel by pop music singer Britney Spears and her mother, Lynne Spears. It is their second book together, following 2000's Heart-to-Heart. The novel is loosely based on Britney's life. Popular reactions to the novel in spaces like Amazon were mixed. In 2012, rumors of a third novel sequel surfaced.
The story is about a 14-year-old girl named Holly Faye Lovell from a tiny, rural town called Biscay in the U.S. state of Mississippi. She gets accepted as a scholarship student into the exclusive Haverty School of Performing Arts, and the story revolves around Holly's life in Haverty, where she's the poorest student, and her relationship with her mother, Wanda.
Film, television or theatrical adaptations
The book was adapted for a 2004 ABC Family television movie titled Brave New Girl (the new title comes from a song on Spears' album In the Zone). Although the plot was drastically changed, Spears was included as an executive producer of the film.
- "A Mother's Gift". www.teenreads.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Children's Book Review: A MOTHER'S GIFT by Britney, Author, Britney Spears, Author, Lynne Spears, Author . Delacorte $14.95 (240p) ISBN 978-0-385-72953-6". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Britney Spears' Book 'A Mother's Gift' Released 14 Years Ago". PopCrush. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Britney's book hits US stores". BBC. 2001-04-20. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Weaver, Caity. "Britney Spears to Pen Novel About Girl Who Is Exactly Like Britney Spears But Has a Different Name". Gawker. Archived from the original on 2016-03-23. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
|This article about a 2000s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|