A Night in San Francisco
|A Night in San Francisco|
|Live album by Van Morrison|
17 May 1994|
June 2008 (Reissue)
|Recorded||12–18 December 1993|
|Van Morrison chronology|
A Night in San Francisco is a live album by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison, released in 1994. Guest artists were Candy Dulfer, John Lee Hooker, Junior Wells and Jimmy Witherspoon as well as Morrison's daughter, Shana Morrison. James Hunter and Brian Kennedy helped out with the vocals and Georgie Fame was also present.
The June 2008 reissued and remastered version of the album contains a live take of the Morrison song "Cleaning Windows". "I'll Take Care of You/It's a Man's Man's Man's World" from this album was listed as one of the standout tracks from the six album reissue.
The album is compiled of live performances at the Masonic Auditorium, San Francisco, California on 18 December 1993 and the Mystic Theater, Petaluma, California, on 12 December 1993. The bonus track "Cleaning Windows/The Street Only Knew Your Name" was recorded on 17 December 1993 at the Masonic Auditorium San Francisco, California.
|Entertainment Weekly||B link|
|The Independent||(n/r favourable) link|
Richard Williams of The Independent wrote in his review that: "A Night in San Francisco...goes for the heart of the stuff that first inspired Morrison: rhythm and blues. He is in electrifyingly authoritative form, bringing all his experience to some of his finest songs."
All songs written by Van Morrison unless noted.
- "Did Ye Get Healed?" – 4:18
- "It's All in the Game/Make It Real One More Time" (Charles Dawes, Carl Sigman)/(Morrison) – 4:19
- "I've Been Working" – 3:24
- "I Forgot That Love Existed/All Along the Watchtower" (Morrison)/(Bob Dylan) – 6:17
- "Vanlose Stairway/Trans-Euro Train/A Fool for You" (Morrison)/(Morrison)/(Ray Charles) – 6:55
- "You Make Me Feel So Free" – 3:14
- "Beautiful Vision" – 4:11
- "See Me Through/Soldier of Fortune/Thank You" (Morrison)/(Morrison)/(Sylvester Stewart) – 10:18
- "Ain't That Loving You Baby?" (Ivory Joe Hunter, Clyde Otis) – 4:44
- "Stormy Monday/Have You Ever Loved a Woman?/No Rollin' Blues" (T-Bone Walker)/(Billy Myles)/(Jimmy Witherspoon) – 6:08
- "Help Me" (Sonny Boy Williamson II) – 6:10
- "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" (Sonny Boy Williamson I) – 3:33
- "Tupelo Honey" – 4:01
- "Moondance/My Funny Valentine" (Morrison)/(Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 9:09
- "Jumpin' With Symphony Sid" (King Pleasure, Lester Young) – 4:47
- "It Fills You Up" – 4:43
- "I'll Take Care of You"/It's a Man's Man's Man's World" (Brook Benton) / (James Brown, Betty Newsome) – 16:23
- "Lonely Avenue/Be-Bop-A-Lula/4 O'Clock in the Morning (Try for Sleep)/Family Affair/You Give Me Nothing but the Blues/When Will I Become A Man?/Sooner Or Later/Down the Line" (Doc Pomus) / (Gene Vincent, Bill Davis) / (Morrison, John Platania) / (Sylvester Stewart) / (Morrison) / (Erica Ehm, Tim Thorney) / (Vernon, Ross, Shaw) / (Roy Orbison) – 14:51
- "So Quiet in Here/That's Where It's At" (Morrison) / (James Alexander, Sam Cooke) – 5:00
- "In the Garden/Real Real Gone/Allegheny/You Send Me" (Morrison) / (Morrison) / (trad.) / (Sam Cooke) – 9:41
- "Have I Told You Lately" – 3:51
- "Shakin' All Over/Gloria" (Johnny Kidd) / (Morrison) – 11:29
Bonus track (2008 CD reissue)
- "Cleaning Windows/The Street Only Knew Your Name" – 3:46
Album – Billboard (North America)
|1994||The Billboard 200||125|
Album – UK Albums Chart (United Kingdom)
|1994||UK Album Chart||8|
- "Catalog Reissues by Van Morrison on Blurt Online". blurt-online.com. Archived from the original on 2 February 2010. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "concerts". ivan.vanomatic.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2008. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- "1995 Grammys". rockonthenet.com. Retrieved 8 August 2008.
- Williams, Richard (17 April 1994). "Records/New Release: Van Morrison-A Night in San Francisco". London: independent.co.uk.
- Chart Stats: Van Morrison Archived 26 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine.