A Plea for Purging
|A Plea for Purging|
|Also known as||Silas|
|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, USA|
|Genres||Metalcore, deathcore, Christian Metal, Heavy Metal, Melodic metalcore|
El Shaddai Australia
|Associated acts||Corpus Christi, Haste the Day, Project 86, With Blood Comes Beauty|
|Past members||Andy "Dozer" Atkins
Ryan Blake Martin
A Plea for Purging was a Christian metalcore band based out of Nashville, Tennessee. During their time active, they released four full-length albums on Facedown Records and two EPs. Their final release, The Life & Death of A Plea for Purging, reached #24 on the US Billboard Rock Albums chart and #11 on the Heatseekers chart. Guitarist Blake Martin played on Project 86's record, Wait for the Siren and was a touring member for Haste the Day. Drummer Aaron Eckermann was a touring member for Corpus Christi. Vocalist Andy Atkins was featured on The Crimson Armada's song "Composed of Stone", from their album Conviction.
In 2005, Blake Martin and John Wand recruited Justin Lewis, Aaron Eckermann, and Lyle Paschal to join their band, which they had originally called Silas. They later changed it to A Plea for Purging. The band recorded A self-titled EP with this line up, and soon after Justin Lewis quit the band.
The band then asked Andy Atkins (ex-With Blood Comes Beauty) to join the band. The band recorded an EP before signing to Facedown Records. Their Facedown debut was A Critique of Mind and Thought, with this line up, before guitarist Lyle Paschal quit.
In 2008, the band then recruited guitarist Tyler Wilson, and recorded the albums, Depravity and The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. In 2010, Wilson left, and the band continued on as a quartet. They played on the Haste the Day final tour, along with Mychildren Mybride and The Chariot.
The band announced they would disband in 2012, and recorded an album titled, The Life & Death of A Plea for Purging.
The Quit Your Band and Get A Job Tour alongside As Hell Retreats took place from 10 August to 8 September of 2012, culminating with a final show in A Plea For Purging's hometown of Nashville Tennessee. This was the last for both A Plea For Purging and As Hell Retreats, with both bands disbanding following the tour.
- Final line-up
- Amos Andrew "Andy" Atkins - vocals (2006-2012)
- Blake Martin - lead guitar (2005-2012)
- John Wand - bass (2005-2012)
- Aaron Eckermann - drums (2005-2012)
- Former members
- Justin Lewis - vocals (2005-2006)
- Lyle Paschal - rhythm guitar (2005-2008)
- Tyler Wilson - rhythm guitar (2008-2010)
- A Plea For Purging (EP) (2006)
- Quick Is the Word; Steady is the Action (EP) (2007)
- A Critique of Mind and Thought (2007)
- Depravity (2009)
- The Marriage of Heaven and Hell (2010)
- Heart of a Child/Fat Pride (7") (2011)
- The Life & Death of A Plea for Purging (2011)
- "Malevolence" (Depravity)
- "Shiver" (The Marriage of Heaven and Hell)
- "The Eternal Female" (The Marriage of Heaven and Hell)
- "Heart of a Child" (The Life & Death of A Plea for Purging)
- "The Life" (The Life & Death of A Plea for Purging)
- "A Plea for Purging on Real TV". Real TV.
- A Plea for Purging at Allmusic
- "A Plea for Purging at FaceDown Records". Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- "Aaron Eckermann". Encyclopedia Metallum.
- Biography at Allmusic
- Billboard Charts, Allmusic
- "Crimson Armada - Conviction - Amazon.com Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
Track 3: Composed Of Stone (Feat. Andy Adkins Of A Plea For Purging)
- "A PLEA FOR PURGING ANNOUNCE FINAL TOUR". Facedown Records. 6 June 2012. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Interview with Andy Atkins of A Plea for Purging".
- "A Plea for Purging EP".