A Second Chance (film)
|A Second Chance|
|En chance til|
|Directed by||Susanne Bier|
|Produced by||Sisse Graum Jørgensen|
|Written by||Anders Thomas Jensen|
Nikolaj Lie Kaas
Lykke May Andersen
|Music by||Johan Söderqvist|
|Cinematography||Michael Keith Snyman|
|Edited by||Pernille Bech Christensen|
|Distributed by||Nordisk Film|
A Second Chance (Danish: En chance til) is a 2015 Danish thriller film directed by Susanne Bier. The film stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Ulrich Thomsen, Maria Bonnevie, Nikolaj Lie Kaas and Lykke May Andersen. It was screened in the Special Presentations section of the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.
Two police officers, Andreas and Simon, live very different lives. Where Andreas enjoys life with his beautiful wife and newborn child, Simon calms his pain from a broken marriage by going to strip clubs and getting drunk. A routine task takes an unexpected turn when they are called out to the home of a junkie-couple where Andreas finds a neglected baby. A family tragedy, the loss of their child, forces the otherwise upstanding Andreas to commit an act that sends him heading for the abyss, and leaves it up to Simon to rectify the situation.
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Andreas
- Ulrich Thomsen as Simon
- Maria Bonnevie as Anne
- Nikolaj Lie Kaas as Tristan
- Lykke May Andersen as Sanne
The film raises questions like how far should you go if a child is in distress, and social services are not doing anything, and where is the limit for what you can to get his own desires fulfilled.
- "Toronto Film Festival Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Leslie Felperin. "‘A Second Chance’ (‘En Chance til’): Toronto Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- Silas Bay Nielsen (15 January 2015). "Bier om ’En chance til’: Filmen viser vores fordomme om forældreskab". DR (in Danish). Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- A Second Chance at the Internet Movie Database
- A Second Chance (film) in the Danish National Filmography
|This article related to Danish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2010s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|