A Secret Affair
|A Secret Affair|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Nuel Crisostomo Naval|
|Written by||Mel Mendoza Del Rosario|
|Screenplay by||Mel Mendoza Del Rosario|
|Story by||Mel Mendoza Del Rosario|
|Music by||Jesse Lucas|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Distributed by||Viva Films|
|Box office||PHP 118,424,018|
A Secret Affair is a 2012 Filipino romantic drama film directed by Nuel Naval and starring Anne Curtis, Derek Ramsay and Andi Eigenmann. A love triangle story, it was released on October 24, 2012 in more than 200 theaters in the Philippines by Viva Films.
A Secret Affair revolves on the lives of happy couple Rafi Delgado (Anne Curtis) and Anton (Derek Ramsay). On the eve of their wedding, Rafi backs out and seeks solitude in the US. Hurt and confused, Anton starts a physical relationship with Sam Montinola (Andi Eigenmann), one of Rafi's friends. Sam's obsession with Anton becomes a problem when Rafi returns and decides she wants to work things out with Anton.
- Anne Curtis as Rafaela "Rafi" Delgado
- Andi Eigenmann as Samantha "Sam" Montinola
- Derek Ramsay as Anton
- Shy Carlos as May Delgado
- IC Mendoza as Miggy Bernal
- Say Alonzo as Paula Daza
- Gee-Ann Abraham as Katie
- Paul Jake Castillo as Kevin
- Kian Kazemi as Miguel
- Ashley Rivera as Amie Ignacio / Petra Mahalimuyak
- Jocelyn Oxlade as Marielle Ignacio
- Tim Yap as Tim
- Nina Girado as herself
Background and development
On March 2012, Viva Films announced that a follow-up to the blockbuster film, No Other Woman, is going to hit the big screen soon. The cast was composed of today's hottest celebrities, Anne Curtis, Derek Ramsay.
Two months before the film's release, its title was also changed from Nothing Compares To You to A Secret Affair.
Multimedia and merchandise
In October 28, 2012, The official movie soundtrack was released with its carrier single "Don't Say Goodbye" by Nina and other classic OPM songs were compiled part of its official soundtrack.
The official trailer of A Secret Affair was released on September 26, 2012 via YouTube. In the span of two weeks, the trailer already hit over 1 million views. It was also included in the list of YouTube's trending videos alongside popular foreign videos.
An HD Quality trailer of A Secret Affair was also released on the same day.
Viva Films released the uncut trailer of A Secret Affair on October 10, 2012. An Extended Version of Uncut scenes for its press release trailer was released the same day with the music video.
Soul Siren Nina performed the movie's theme song, Don't Say Goodbye. A music video was released on October 10, 2012 and got positive feedback from the online community.
On September 26, VIVA Films released the official trailer via YouTube and trended right away on Twitter. A Secret Affair, Official Trailer, Andi Eigenmann and #ASecretAffair were included on Twitter's list of trending topics. The film received positive feedback including the impression that Anne Curtis will once again win the Best Actress Award.
A Facebook page was also created to engage fans in an interactive discussion about the movie. News updates, photos, teasers and posters are posted on A Secret Affair's Official Facebook page.
According to Viva Films, A Secret Affair, which some may have thought a sequel to last year's mega blockbuster film No Other Woman produced by Star Cinema and Viva Films, earned a whopping PHP 20 Million pesos in box-office on its first day of showing on October 24 - a PHP 5 Million pesos higher than the first day earnings of Anne, Derek and Cristine Reyes' movie. On the first four days in cinemas (last October 24–28, 2012), the film earned a total of PHP 55,932,553. On its first six days in cinemas, the film already garnered a total of PHP 100 million, but in contrary to the report, Box Office Mojo confirms that the film only got PHP 95,174,565 on its first week and including the days of the second week run. As of its 4th and final week of showing, the film earned PHP 118,424,018; a sure box office hit but quite low compared to other movies of its genre like In the Name of Love, No Other Woman, The Mistress and One More Try. The film is now ranked as 5th highest grossing Filipino films of 2012 and 17th placed in the all-time highest-grossing local films in the Philippines.
- "A Secret Affair - Box Office Mojo". Box Office Mojo. 11 November 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Viva Films ' A Secret Affair' Full Trailer Released! (starring Anne Curtis, Derek Ramsay and Andi Eigenmann)". Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- "Anne Curtis and Derek Ramsay's reunion movie is now called A Secret Affair". Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- "SET VISIT: A Secret Affair". PEP.ph. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "KC, Anne and Derek in adult drama film". VIVA.com.ph. Retrieved October 7, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Andi almost gave up role in 'Secret Affair'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- "Derek Ramsay talks about his new film!". VIVA.com.ph. Archived from the original on October 8, 2012. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "Derek Ramsay to do film with Anne and KC". VIVA.com.ph. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "KC Concepcion talks about her 2012!". VIVA.com.ph. Retrieved October 7, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- News, ABS-CBN. "Anne Curtis bags FAMAS best actress award". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- ""A Secret Affair" Earns P20-M on Opening Day Beating "No Other Woman"; Star Cinema Petitions to Remove Nora Aunor Movie in MMFF 2012". Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- ""A SECRET AFFAIR" GROSSED P20-M ON OPENING DAY- CERTIFIED BOX-OFFICE HIT". Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "A Secret Affair Grosses P55.9 M in 5 Days, This Guy's In Love With You Mare Hits P227 M in 3 Weeks - Box Office Mojo". Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- "'A Secret Affair' turns in P100M in 6 days". Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- "Suddenly It's Magic Grosses P25.87 M on First 5 Days, A Secret Affair Rakes P95 M in 2 Weeks - Box Office Mojo". Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- "Suddenly It's Magic Grosses P47.2 M in 3 Weeks; A Secret Affair Hits P118.42 M in 4 Weeks - Box Office Mojo". Retrieved November 30, 2012.