A Sphere in the Heart of Silence
|A Sphere in the Heart of Silence|
|Studio album by John Frusciante and Josh Klinghoffer|
|Released||November 23, 2004|
|Recorded||April 9 –11, 2004|
|Genre||Electronic rock, glitch, industrial, experimental rock, art rock|
|Producer||John Frusciante, Josh Klinghoffer|
|John Frusciante chronology|
A Sphere in the Heart of Silence is a collaborative studio album by John Frusciante and Josh Klinghoffer, released on November 23, 2004 on Record Collection. The fifth in a series of six releases Frusciante issued, from June 2004 to February 2005, the album is composed mainly of electronica-based material.
Frusciante notes, "It's electronic music, but much more raw. We recorded this the same way we did Inside of Emptiness - with all the out-of-control qualities that I've been building toward with my style of playing and recording - but we used electronic instruments. There are some techno things with punk-rock-type screaming vocals. It's only a seven-song album, but it's, like thirty-eight minutes long."
The vinyl edition of the record saw a repressing from Record Collection on December 11, 2012. These reissued records are 180 gram and come with a download of choice between MP3 and WAV formats of the album.
All songs written by John Frusciante and Josh Klinghoffer.
- "Sphere" – 8:29
- "The Afterglow" – 5:19
- "Walls" – 6:19
- "Communique" – 6:55
- "At Your Enemies" – 4:23
- "Surrogate People" – 5:20
- "My Life" – 1:35
- John Frusciante – programming, white noise, guitar, lead vocals (on "The Afterglow", "Walls", and "My Life"), backing vocals, vocal treatments, synthetic strings, drum treatments, acoustic guitar, synthesizer, bass, piano, producer, design
- Josh Klinghoffer – arp string ensemble, guitar, bass, synthesizers, drum loops, drums, lead vocals (on "Communique", "At Your Enemies", and "Surrogate People"), backing vocals, one note synth, piano, producer
- Ryan Hewitt – engineer, mixing
- Chris Reynolds – assistant
- Jason Gossman – assistant
- Bernie Grundman – mastering
- Lola Montes Schnabel – photography
- Mike Piscitelli – design
- Dave Lee – equipment technician