A Tragic Legacy
|Original title||A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency|
|Subject||George W. Bush when President of the United States|
|Publisher||Crown Publishing Group (A Division of Random House); Three Rivers Press|
|June 26, 2007 (hardback ed.)|
April 8, 2008 (paperback ed.)
Published in English
|June 26, 2007 & April 8, 2008|
|Media type||book (hardcover and paperback eds.)|
|Pages||320 (hardcover); 336 (paperback)|
|LC Class||E903.3 .G74 2007|
|Preceded by||How Would a Patriot Act? Defending American Values From A President Run Amok|
|Followed by||Great American Hypocrites: Toppling the Big Myths of Republican Politics|
A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency is a New York Times bestselling book by author, attorney, blogger, and Salon.com columnist Glenn Greenwald published on June 26, 2007, by Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House.
The Random House synopsis for the book describes A Tragic Legacy as a "character study" of George W. Bush, "one of the most controversial men to hold the office of president". Salon.com posted an online three-page excerpt from the book on June 20, 2007.
Commentary and reception
In an extended entry in his blog hosted at Salon.com, Greenwald, a contributing writer for the online magazine, asks and answers the question "What 'truly motivates' George W. Bush?", providing contexts for his writing the book, and he responds to letters and other comments posted in Salon.com about the book.
Alan Colmes, of Fox News Channel's Hannity and Colmes, observed that "Glenn Greenwald is to this administration as they've been to the country: devastating. This is more than a book. It's an act of patriotism," describing A Tragic Legacy as "the best book about the worst president."
- Glenn Greenwald (2007-06-26). "A Tragic Legacy Released Today" (Web). Salon.com. Salon Media, Inc. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- Glenn Greenwald (2006-06-20). "A Tragic Legacy". Salon.com. Salon Media, Inc. Archived from the original (Web) on 30 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- ISBN 0-307-35428-8 (10); ISBN 978-0-307-35428-0 (13).
- Glenn Greenwald (2007-06-20). "What 'truly motivates' George W. Bush?" (Web). Salon.com. Salon Media, Inc. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- Qtd. in Greenwald, Glenn (2007). Editorial reviews. ISBN 978-0307354198.
- Editorial reviews – Posted at Amazon.com.
- Excerpt from A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency – Posted at Salon.com on June 20, 2007. (3 pages.)
- "FDL Book Salon Welcomes Glenn Greenwald" – As guest in FireDogLake (FDL) Book Salon on June 24, 2007 in forum on A Tragic Legacy.
- A Tragic Legacy – Official Webpage and book description at Random House.