A Very Special Christmas (album)
|A Very Special Christmas|
Cover art by Keith Haring
|Compilation album by Various artists|
|Released||October 12, 1987|
|Genre||Christmas music, Children's music|
|Length||50:57 (Original version)
51:11 (Revised version)
|Various artists chronology|
A Very Special Christmas is the first in the A Very Special Christmas series of Christmas-themed compilation albums produced to benefit Special Olympics. The album was released in 1987, and production was overseen by Jimmy Iovine for A&M Records. A Very Special Christmas has also raised millions of dollars for the Special Olympics. The cover artwork was designed by Keith Haring.
As of November 2014, A Very Special Christmas is the nineteenth best-selling Christmas/holiday album in the United States during the SoundScan era of music sales tracking (March 1991 – present), having sold 2,520,000 copies according to SoundScan.
- On later pressings of the album, "Back Door Santa" was replaced with "I Wish Every Day Could Be Like Christmas", also by Bon Jovi.
- Also, on later pressings of the album, a spoken introduction on The Pretenders' "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", presumably by a young child, was omitted.
- A Very Special Christmas at AllMusic
- McGee, Matt (2008). U2:A Diary. Omnibus Press. p. 111. ISBN 978-1-84772-108-2.
- "RIAA Searchable Database". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2014-12-02.
- Staff, Billboard (2014-12-01). "The Gifts That Keep on Giving: Biggest Radio and Album Hits of the Holidays". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2014-12-02.
|This article on a 1980s compilation album is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|