A Very Special Season
|A Very Special Season|
|Studio album by Diana Ross|
|Released||November 14, 1994|
|Diana Ross chronology|
Produced by Nick Martinelli, whom she worked with several times around the early nineties. It is lush, soulful pop that stands as one of her better holiday themed albums.
The set was only released for the international market and consists mostly of traditional Christmas standards as well as takes on more contemporary songs by Burt Bacharach, John Lennon, and Stevie Wonder. It was certified Gold in the U.K. and continued to sell well across European territories for several subsequent holiday seasons.
- "Winter Wonderland" (Felix Bernard, Richard B. Smith) – 3:22
- "White Christmas" (Irving Berlin) – 3:20
- "Wonderful Christmas Time" (McCartney) – 3:09
- "What the World Needs Now" (Burt Bacharach, Hal David) – 4:20
- "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" (John Lennon, Yoko Ono) – 3:15
- "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" (Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne) – 2:14
- "Amazing Grace" (John Newton) – 5:21
- "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" (Civilla D. Martin) – 5:21
- "Silent Night (Franz Gruber, Josef Mohr) – 5:01
- "Overjoyed" (Stevie Wonder) – 4:05
- "O Holy Night" – (Adolphe Adam, John Sullivan Dwight) – 4:44
- "Someday at Christmas" (Miller, Wells) – 4:09
- "Ave Maria" (Schubert) – 5:52
- "The Christmas Song" (Mel Tormé, Bob Wells) – 3:13
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "UK Certified Awards Search > Diana Ross". British Phonographic Industry. Archived from the original on 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "British album certifications – Diana Ross – A Very Special Season". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Enter A Very Special Season in the search field and then press Enter.
|This article on a 1990s compilation album is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|