A Woman Like You (Lee Brice song)
|"A Woman Like You"|
|Single by Lee Brice|
|from the album Hard 2 Love|
|Released||October 17, 2011|
|Lee Brice singles chronology|
"A Woman Like You" is a song recorded by American country music artist Lee Brice. It was released in October 2011 as the first single from Brice's album Hard 2 Love. The song was written by Jon Stone, Phil Barton and Johnny Bulford. The song is about the singer being questioned by his wife about what he would've done with his life had he not fell in love with her.
The song received generally positive reviews from critics for its heart-warming lyrics and Lee's affable delivery. "A Woman Like You" would give Brice the first of four number-one hits on the Billboard Country Airplay chart. It also became his first top 40 hit on the Hot 100 at number 33 and number 49 on the Canadian Hot 100. The song was certified Platinum by both the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and Music Canada for selling over an amount of units from their respective countries.
The accompanying music video for the song was directed by Eric Welch and features actress Meaghan Pocock playing Brice's wife in the video.
In "A Woman Like You", the narrator is asked by his wife what he would do if he had never fallen in love with her. He lists several hobbies and pastimes but says that, if he had not fallen in love, he would be "lookin' for a woman like you." The song is in cut time and the key of G major, with a major chord pattern of G-Em-C-Am-D.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song four and a half stars out of five, saying that "the simple and reserved attitude Brice approaches the song with is a good reflection of the love story he describes." Allen Jacobs of Roughstock gave the song four stars out of five, writing that "Lee continues to show off a charming personality and vocal style that just makes 'A Woman Like You' an easy song to like." Ben Foster of Country Universe gave the song a B-, saying that "it's a very pretty-sounding tune, to be sure, but the lyrics just don't quite add up."
The music video was directed by Eric Welch and premiered in November 2011. The actress in the music video is Meaghan Pocock.
"A Woman Like You" debuted at number 60 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of October 22, 2011. It became Lee Brice's first career number one hit for the week of April 21, 2012.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||49|
|US Billboard Hot 100||33|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||22|
"Alone with You"
by Jake Owen
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
April 21, 2012
"Drink on It"
by Blake Shelton
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||80,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Lawler, Joe (February 1, 2012). "Cool Show: Future Faces 2012". The Des Moines Register. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- Conaway, Alanna (October 11, 2011). "Lee Brice, ‘Woman Like You’ – Lyrics Uncovered". Taste of Country. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- "'A Woman Like You' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- Dukes, Billy (September 23, 2011). Lee Brice, ‘Woman Like You’ – Song Review. Taste of Country. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Jacobs, Allen (November 20, 2011). "Single Review: Lee Brice - A Woman Like You". Roughstock. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Foster, Ben (September 25, 2011). "Single Review: Lee Brice, "Woman Like You"". Roughstock. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- "CMT : Videos : Lee Brice : A Woman Like You". Country Music Television. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Morris, Edward (October 15, 2011). "Scotty McCreery, Keith Urban Top This Week's Album, Songs Charts". Country Music Television. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- "Lee Brice – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Lee Brice.
- "Lee Brice – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Lee Brice.
- "Lee Brice – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Lee Brice.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "Canadian single certifications – Lee Brice – A Woman Like You". Music Canada. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "American single certifications – Lee Brice – A Woman Like You". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 17, 2014. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH