A Woman in Love
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"A Woman in Love"|
The biggest hit version of the song was recorded by The Four Aces, backed by the Jack Pleis Orchestra. It was recorded on October 18, 1955, and released in the United States by Decca Records as catalog number 29725 (as a 78 rpm record) and 9-29725 (as a 45 rpm record). The quartet's version went to number 20 on The Best Seller List. Frankie Laine also recorded a version that scored a big success in the United Kingdom, reaching number 1 on the UK Singles Chart for four weeks. In the UK, Ronnie Hilton also charted, at number 30, with another version of the song.
The recorded versions include those by:
- Stanley Black
- Marlon Brando
- Adriano Celentano
- Gregg Edelman
- The Four Aces
- Sergio Franchi covered this song in his 1065 RCA Victor album Live at the Coconut Grove.
- Ronnie Hilton
- Frankie Laine
- Gordon MacRae
- Rice, Jo (1982). The Guinness Book of 500 Number One Hits (1st ed.). Enfield, Middlesex: Guinness Superlatives Ltd. pp. 27–8. ISBN 0-85112-250-7.
- Recordings by 'The Four Aces ( Jack Pleis Orch ) '
- Decca records in the 29500 to 29999 series
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits: Eighth Edition. Record Research. p. 235.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 64–5. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 253. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Sergio Franchi - Live At The Cocoanut Grove (Vinyl, LP, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2014-04-03.