A World for Raúl
|A World for Raúl|
|Directed by||Mauro Mueller|
|Produced by||Laura Pino
|Written by||Mauro Mueller|
Roberto Luis Meza
|Music by||Lucas Lechowski|
|Cinematography||César Gutiérrez Miranda|
|Edited by||Mauro Mueller|
A World for Raúl (Spanish: Un mundo para Raúl) is a short drama film. The film's run time is 15 minutes. It was written and directed by Mauro Mueller, and produced by Laura Pino. The film was shot using a Sony F3 by cinematographer César Gutiérrez Miranda.
In the film, the thirteen-year-old Raúl (Alexandré Barceló) in Mexico is asked to entertain the local landowner’s son, Hernán, played by Adrián Alonso. Soon, a game of power and pride starts between the two boys from different social classes. The film is a coming-of-age story.
Mauro won in narrative category of the Student Academy Awards. Upon receiving the award, the 28-year-old Columbia University School of the Arts student thanked his cast, crew and family and said about his bronze medal, "if you put the light right on, bronze looks like gold! And that’s what it is for me!". The film won also Best Dramatic Short at NY Shortsfest, 2013, Best Student Short Film at Aspen Shortsfest, 2013, CINE Special Jury Award (CINE Golden Eagle Film & Video Competition), 2013, Best film at hammer to nail short film contest, 2012, CINE Golden Eagle Award, 2012 and Best fiction film at Skena Up, 2012. The film was also a winner of the Golden Horseman Best Short Fiction Film at Filmfest Dresden.
- Alexandré Barceló (actor) as Raúl
- Adrián Alonso as Hernán
- Gerardo Taracena as Juan, Raúl’s father
- Roberto Luis Meza as Mr. Tamero, Hernán’s father
- Adriana Paz as Raúl’s mother
On 15 July 2012, the film had its world premiere at Outfest Film Festival in Los Angeles. The film had its European premiere at the 28th Warsaw International Film Festival in October 2012 in the Competition Short Films section and in Mexico at Morelia International Film Festival in November 2012. The film went on to screen at many more festival including Solothurn Film Festival, Aspen Shortsfest, Palm Springs International Festival of Short Films, among many other. It further won many awards besides the Student Academy Award such as a CINE Golden Eagle Award and Mauro won for the film the Upcoming Talents Award at Solothurn Film Festival 2013.
- "40th Student Academy Awards: Mauro Mueller, Narrative Bronze Medal". YouTube. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Un mundo para Raúl awards". 10 July 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "A World for Raul". Outfest. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Release Info". IMDb. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Un mundo para Raúl screening info". Fidelio Films. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Solothurner Filmtage (26 January 2013). "Verleihung der Upcoming Förderpreise" (PDF). Retrieved 2 October 2013.