Aa Dekhen Zara
|Aa Dekhen Zara|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jehangir Surti|
|Produced by||Viki Rajani|
|Screenplay by||Sheershak Anand
Shantanu Ray Chhibber
|Story by||Sheershak Anand
Shantanu Ray Chhibber
Neil Nitin Mukesh
|Music by||Pritam Chakraborty
|Edited by||Bunty Nagi|
|Distributed by||Eros Entertainment|
|Box office||Rs. 52.5 millions.|
Aa Dekhen Zara (Hindi: आ देखें ज़रा; English: Come, Let's See) is a 2009 romantic sci-fi action thriller film starring Neil Nitin Mukesh, who plays a photo journalist, and Bipasha Basu, as a disc jockey. The film is the directorial debut of Jehangir Surti.
Ray Acharya (Neil Nitin Mukesh), a struggling photographer has nothing going for him… until he inherits a very 'special' camera from his grandfather who was a scientist. Then his life changes in a way that he could not have imagined in his wildest dreams.
The photographs produced by the camera predict the future. Ray uses the camera to obtain winning lottery numbers, winning horses, and also stock prices. His life becomes one big roller coaster ride that takes him from rags to riches and also helps him meet the love of his life, Simi (Bipasha Basu), a DJ with a mind of her own.
However Captain (Rahul Dev) finds out and chases Ray to get the camera for himself. Security authorities also chase Ray as they are aware that Ray's grandfather was trying to create a camera that can predict the future. The chase leads them to Bangkok where the climax unfolds.
|Neil Nitin Mukesh||Ray Acharya|
|Bipasha Basu||Simi Chatterjee|
|Sophie Choudry||Bindiya Avasti|
|Rajan Korgaonkar||Recovery Agent|
|Ashwin Nayak||Bike Rider|
|Bobby Vatsa||Inspector Puri|
The movie was initially known as Freeze. But in an interview, Vikram Rajani, the executive director of Eros Entertainment said, "What is Freeze? The movie was always called Aa Dekhen Zara. I do not know how people called the movie Freeze. That was just a working title we had in mind. We have the title Aa Dekhen Zara registered long time back".
Bipasha Basu performed opposite Neil Mukesh for the first time with this film. Recent reports say that Neil convinced Bipasha to sing with him the title track, "Aa Dekhe Zara". Stylist Rakhi Parekh Patil worked on Bipasha Basu’s look for the movie.
Neil got hurt twice while doing the stunts for the film.
The first official trailer was released on 7 February 2009.
Both Bipasha Basu and Neil Nitin Mukesh guest appeared on 14 February 2009 episode of Indian Idol to promote the film. A trailer for the film was shown midway through the episode.
Both stars also performed to the soundtrack at the 54th Filmfare Awards.
The film was released on 27 March 2009.
The film did moderate business because of a feud between multiplexes owners and the producers. It had an average opening in the first week. The collections started to drop in the second week because of other films with similar themes releasing at the same time (8 x 10 Tasveer, Kal Kissne Dekha). The movie grossed Rs 52,500,000 worldwide. The film was declared an average grosser.
|Aa Dekhen Zara|
|Soundtrack album by Pritam|
15 February 2009 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The song "Aa Dekhen Zara" is a modern-day remix version of the popular dance number from the Sanjay Dutt and Tina Munim film Rocky, which was released in 1981. The makers of Aa Dekhen Zara obtained the rights for this original R.D. Burman number and gave the song a modern-day flavor. Gaurav Dasgupta was the man behind this remix number which also supposedly features Bipasha. The song "Paisa Hai Power" is a remake of "The Power" by Snap!.
|1.||"Gazab"||Sunidhi Chauhan & Shaan||Pritam||Irshad Kamil|
|2.||"Rock The Party"||Sunidhi Chauhan & Shweta Vijay||Gourav Dasgupta||Sheershak Anand|
|3.||"Power"||Dibyendu Mukharjee||Gourav Dasgupta||Syed Gulrez & Prashant Pandey|
|4.||"Aa Dekhen Zara (Lounge Mix)"||Dibyendu Mukherji & Shweta Vijay||Gourav Dasgupta||Sheershak Anand & Anand Bakshi|
|5.||"Mohabbat Aapse"||Akruti Kakkar||Pritam||Irshad Kamil|
|6.||"Power (Club Mix)"||Dibyendu Mukharjee||Gourav Dasgupta||Syed Gulrez & Prashant Pandey|
|7.||"Gazab (Club Mix)"||Sunidhi Chauhan & Shaan||Pritam||Irshad Kamil|
|8.||"Aa Dekhen Zara"||Neil Nitin Mukesh & Sunaina||Gourav Dasgupta||Sheershak Anand & Anand Bakshi|
- "Dashavtaar Opens To A Poor Response". Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network. 18 April 2009. Archived from the original on 27 April 2009. Retrieved 18 April 2009.
- OneIndia (16 July 2008). "Neil Mukesh Freeze". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- Neil-Bipasha Starrer Now Titled Aa Dekhen Zara Archived 1 February 2009 at Archive.isUrdutech.net Retrieved on 24 December 2008
- Bipasha Basu working with Neil Nitin Mukesh Archived 7 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine.Desi Bollywood Retrieved on 24 December 2008
- Bipasha sings!Planetradiocity Retrieved on 24 December 2008
- DNA India (23 November 2008). "Bipasha sports a new look for Freeze". DNA India. Archived from the original on 10 February 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2009.
- Neil Nitin interview Retrieved on 24 December 2008
- Aa Dekhen Zara trailer Archived 10 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Eros targets March release for Aa Dekhen Zara Archived 2 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine.BusinessOfCinema Retrieved on 5 February 2009
- Neil Nitin Mukesh Records Title Track Of Aa Dekhen Zara Archived 6 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine. Urdutech.net Retrieved on 24 December 2008