Aa Gaya Hero
|Aa Gaya Hero|
|Directed by||Dipankar Senapati |
Dinesh Chand Meena (DCM)
|Music by||Meet Bros |
Vicky & Hardik
Mangal Tara T.V & Films
|Distributed by||Paras Maan|
|Box office||₹14 million|
Aa Gaya Hero (transl. Here comes the hero) is a 2017 Indian Hindi-language action film directed by Dipankar Senapati starring Govinda in the lead role. Previously titled Abhinay Chakra, it was Govinda's comeback film.
ACP Ravindra Varma (Govinda) is a daredevil and sincere police officer who has been called in order to nab a dreaded terrorist (Milind Shinde). During his attempts to catch the terrorist, Ravindra Varma realises that there are two ministers (Surendra Pal and Makrand Deshpande) who work hand in glove with the said terrorist.
Besides them, there are two brothers (Murali Sharma and Ashutosh Rana) who form the right hand of the two corrupt ministers. Does the righteous ACP Ravindra Varma manage to bring the crooks to book or does he become unsuccessful in doing so, is what forms the rest of the film.
- Govinda as ACP Ravindra Varma
- Ashutosh Rana
- Murli Sharma
- Makarand Deshpande
- Harish Kumar
- Chandrachur Singh
- Richa Sharma
- Poonam Pandey as an item number
Govinda visited the BSF camp near Nazafgarh, Delhi to promote the film. He got an opportunity to have a conversation with the BSF jawans. He did a lot of activities there from having lunch to making the jawans dance with their family members. He also promoted the film on The Kapil Sharma Show, where he was joined by his wife and actor Shakti Kapoor, who was shooting nearby and decided to drop in and meet him.
The soundtrack of the film features seven tracks which was released 15 February 2017.
|1.||"Lohe Da Liver"||Mika Singh, Meet Bros||2:51|
|2.||"Aa Gaya Hero (Title Track)"||Arghya Banerjee||4:33|
|3.||"Police Wala Don"||Ahan, Poorvi Koutish||4:19|
|4.||"UP Ki Don"||Arghya Banerjee||3:38|
|5.||"Dirty Flirty"||Mika Singh, Swati Sharma||3:05|
BookMyShow reviewed the film and wrote "Catch the film in your nearest theatre to entertain yourself with a two-hour parody of the 90s, with signature Govinda dance moves and hilarious dialogues and action. Take along your friends to experience a laugh riot. However Times Of India gave it 1.5 stars saying "Unfortunately, besides the actor's trademark dance moves, there is nothing worth watching here. The 'hero' might just need to make another comeback soon and hopefully a more 'relevant' one this time." 
Aa Gaya Hero turned out to be a disaster at the box office. The film raked in just ₹14 million (equivalent to ₹15 million or US$200,000 in 2018) against the budget of ₹85 million (equivalent to ₹89 million or US$1.2 million in 2018).
- Bhatnagar, Rohit (23 February 2017). "Exclusive: Govinda's 'Aa Gaya Hero' release date pushed". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Govinda's comeback film Abhinay Chakra is now titled Aa Gaya Hero". DNA Pakistan. 28 December 2016.
- Govinda meets BSF Jawans in Delhi: Bollywood Hungama
- Shakti Kapoor surprises Govinda on sets of Kapil's comedy show: Bollywood Hungama
- "Govinda's 'Aa Gaya Hero' struggles for release". Livemint. 15 March 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- Aa Gaya Hero Review: A Nostalgic Journey To The 90s - BookMyShow
- "Aa Gaya Hero Movie Review". Times of India. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.