Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Midhun Manuel Thomas|
|Produced by||Vijay Babu|
|Written by||Midhun Manuel Thomas|
|Music by||Shaan Rahman|
|Edited by||Lijo Paul|
|Distributed by||Friday Film House|
Aadu 2 (lit. Goat 2) is an Indian Malayalam-language comedy film written and directed by Midhun Manuel Thomas and produced by Vijay Babu under Friday Film House. It is the sequel to the 2015 film Aadu, and Jayasurya, Dharmajan Bolgatty, Saiju Kurup, Vineeth Mohan, Harikrishnan, Bhagath Manuel, Vijay Babu and Vinayakan reprise their roles. Principal photography began on 13 September 2017. The film released in India on 22 December 2017. A sequel Aadu 3 has been announced and is set for a December 2019 release in 3D format.
The film starts from Mangalore, where a group of smugglers discussing to smuggle black money of 500 Rs. Gang member of smugglers Prabhakaran hires 2 distinct state labours to handover a box of coinage by which they can earn crores of money. As per his instruction, they make him unconscious and escapes to a local station named Gomangalam, state of Tamil Nadu.
In the highrange of Idukki lives Shaji Pappan (Jayasurya), who is now living with all of his troubles and Back Pain. He now leads a normal life with his friends in house along with his mother and niece. He earns a living by farming. When Krishnan (Bhagath Manuel) and Capt. Cleetus (Dharmajan Bolgatty) are on the way to Pappan's estate with manure, they are blocked by Sub Inspector. Here enters Shaji Pappan, who gets enraged and throws him into a nearby dam without knowing there is some sandalwood along with manure. The offense is charged on him on case for throwing a SI and illegally smuggling sandal. Later he is bailed out on wherewithal of hostage of 2 person and a compensation of Rs. 50,000, on a condition of signing at the local police station. On the other side, Sarbath Sameer (Vijay Babu), after getting suspended from his department,requests to P.P Sasi, who is now a Home minister to give back his position.
On Sasi's recommendation, Sameer again becomes SI where Shaji resides. Shaji runs into trouble with a rival's gang and the events leads him to pay a hefty sum to the gang for being free from their clutches. Meanwhile, demonetisation happens and it becomes hard for Shaji to raise the money required. In Shaji's and his team's frantic search for money they stumble upon engraving plates of new 500 rupees that was meant for counterfeiters. They use it to solve their problems and informs the police that they have the plates. The government officials let's them know that they will receive 10,001 rupees as a prize for their honesty and Shaji finally meets the crafty driver who took off with his wife in the midst of another and possibly similar escapade.
- Jayasurya as Shaji Pappan
- Sunny Wayne as Satan Xavier
- Vinayakan as Damodaran Unni makan Delmen Edakochi aka Dude
- Vijay Babu as S.I. Sarbath Shameer.
- Saiju Kurup as Arakkal Abu
- Vineeth Mohan as Kuttan Moonga
- Unni Rajan P. Dev as Bastin Pathrose
- Dharmajan Bolgatty as Captain Sachin Cleetus
- Harikrishnan as Lalan P. K. aka Lolan
- Bhagath Manuel as Krishnan Mandaram
- Indrans as Minister P.P.Sasi Aashan
- John Kaippallil as Mahesh Shetty
- Aju Varghese as Ponnappan
- Anson Paul as Anali Sabu
- Hariprashanth M. G. as Chekuthan Lassar
- Srinda Arhaan as Mary, Shaji Pappan's ex-wife
- Sethu Lakshmi as Mariyama aka Thala, Shaji Pappan's Mother
- Sudhi Koppa as Kanjavu Soman, now Satan's ally
- Bijukuttan as Battery Simon, now Satan's ally
- Nelson as Dragon Paili
- Gopesh Sarath as Fakrudeen aka Fakru
- Baiju as Panchayath President Uthup, Anagapara Gram panchayat
- Sijoy Varghese as Kesav Sharma I.P.S., Joint Director of Intelligence
- Mamukkoya as Irumbu Abdullah
- Ponnambalam as Mayilvahanam, Dude's boss/hotel owner
- Nazreen Nazar as stella
- Jayasanker Karimuttam as Lonappan
- Sinoj Varghese
- Athira Patel
- Noby Marcose as Constable
- Pradeep Kottayam as Constable
- Changaathi Nannaayaal - Keerthana Shabareesh, Zia Ul Haq
- Aadeda Aattam Nee - Shaan Rahman
- Oru Thee Pole - Hesham Abdul Wahab
The film collected ₹2.45 crore in its first day and ₹8 crore in its first weekend (5 days) in Kerala box office alone. The film collected over $548,189 from UAE box office alone in its three weeks of its release. The film collected ₹20.43 lakhs from USA box office alone in its four weeks of its release.
A sequel titled Aadu 3 was announced on the 100th-day success party of Aadu 2. Vijay Babu announced that the second sequel would be made in 3D and planning the release for Christmas 2019.
- "Jayasurya and team take a break from Aadu 2 shoot: Thanks to rain". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Aadu 2 starts rolling at Thodupuzha". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Aadu 2 will feature a different episode from Shaji Pappan's life". Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Box office collection: Masterpiece tops chart, beating Aadu 2, Mayaanadhi, Vimaanam, Aana Alaralodalaral". "International Business Times". 30 December 2017.
- "Aadu 2". "Box Office Mojo". 5 February 2018.
- "Padmaavat crosses 25 mil. USD [Rs. 160 cr.] in overseas". "Bollywood Hungama". 12 February 2018.