Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj
|Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj|
|Directed by||Ravi Raja Pinisetty|
|Screenplay by||Vijaya Bapineedu|
Ravi Raja Pinisetty
|Story by||Vijaya Bapineedu|
|Based on||Gang Leader (Telugu)|
|Produced by||N. N. Sippy|
|Music by||Anand Milind|
|10 July 1992|
Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj (transl. Today's Gangleader) is a 1992 Indian Hindi-language action crime film starring Chiranjeevi, Meenakshi Sheshadri in lead roles. It is a remake of the 1991 Telugu film Gang Leader. This was Chiranjeevi's second film in Bollywood. This film was a hit, earning 27,500,000 Rs. The film explores the concepts of exploitation by anti-social elements and the impact of crowd psychology.
Raja is portrayed as educated, righteous, honest, challenging, and a daredevil who is unemployed. With no work on hand, he spends his time with his four friends. This upsets his dad and elder brothers Amar and Ravi, who worry about him.
Troubled by a lack of money, the family has many problems. Ravi's pending IAS examination requires money they do not have. To raise money, Raja and his friends take a job getting rid of a Shalu, a tenant who has illegally settled in a house. Raja has an easy time getting rid of Shalu. But from then on, Shalu creates hell for him and moves into his house and life permanently.
Tejpal and Nagpal are power brokers. They succeed in getting Ritu married to Ravi, now an IAS officer, who is about to become a collector. The villains think that this was a perfect strategy: Saxena's sister married to Raja's brother. Raja revolts but is cornered. He has many clashes with the duo. In one of these clashes, Raja's friends and eldest brother Amar are murdered. All is lost until Raja and Ravi discover the truth about Tejpal and Nagpal. Raja and Ravi decide to end the Gundaraj.
- Chiranjeevi as Raja
- Meenakshi Sheshadri as Shalu
- Raj Babbar as Ravi
- Parikshit Sahni as Amar
- Prem Chopra as Tejpal
- Sharat Saxena as Nagpal
- Dalip Tahil as SP Shivendranath Saxena
- Satish Shah as Jailor
- Tinu Anand as Home Minister
- Dina Pathak as Daadi Maa
- Rakesh Bedi as Govind Ahuja "Guddu"
- Geetha as Ritu
- Sudha as Aarti
- Ravi Teja as Raja's Friend
- Dinesh Kaushik as Raja's Friend
- Dan Dhanoa as Corrupt Police Inspector
- Kunika as Chanda
- Anees Bazmee as Anees
|"It's A Challenge"||Amit Kumar|
|"Ek Pappi De De"||Abhijeet, Sadhana Sargam|
|"Pehle Bhi Roz"||Abhijeet, Sadhana Sargam|
|"Tota Mera Tota"||Abhijeet, Sadhana Sargam|
|"Tum Mujhe Ache"||Abhijeet, Alka Yagnik|
|"Lashkara Lashkara"||Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik|
- "Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj Movie: Showtimes, Review, Trailer, Posters, News & Videos | eTimes" – via timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Gang Leader - Chiranjeevi: Take a look at the actor's imprint in the showbiz world". The Times of India.
- "Gang Leader (1991) | Gang Leader Movie | Gang Leader Telugu Movie Cast & Crew, Release Date, Review, Photos, Videos". FilmiBeat.
- "Aaj Ka Goonda Raj among most sold music albums of 1992". Archived from the original on 14 June 2012.