Aakash Educational Services Limited
Premier Coaching Institute of India
|Founded||September 22, 1988|
|Headquarters||Dwarka, Delhi, India|
|Number of locations||73 Study centres (2013)|
Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL) is the conglomerate of Aakash Institute, Aakash IIT-JEE & Aakash Foundations which was formed in 2008.
AESL was started by Mr. J.C. Chaudhry, a botany teacher, in 1988 with Aakash Institute for the preparation for Medical Entrance examinations, to coach for admission in medical colleges in India.
Aakash now provides professional coaching in medical and engineering entrance exams in India. Aakash Educational Services Limited has an annual student base of more than 60,000 students and more than 70 study centres across India.
Aakash Institute, the Medical wing of Aakash, was the initiative with which AESL forayed into the coaching arena of medical entrance examinations preparation across India in 1988. It mentors students of Class XI and XII who want to pursue careers in the medical domain.
Aakash IIT-JEE, the Engineering wing of Aakash, was started in 2007 to coach the classes XI and XII engineering aspirants.
With the purpose to coach for Classes VIII and IX, Class X board exam preparation and various junior level competitive examinations like NTSE (National Talent Search Examination), NSO (National Science Olympiad), and KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) etc., Aakash Foundations was incorporated in 2009.
Various programs offered
Aakash Educational Services Limited offers Regular Classroom Programs (RCP), Distance Learning Programs (DLP) and E-learning Programs to students. Based on time period available for students to attend, it offers long-term courses, short-term courses, test-series courses, crash courses etc.
- Regular Classroom Programs (RCP) are conducted through the Aakash classroom centres across India which has a pan-India presence of more than 60 study centres.
- Distance Learning Programs (DLP) are designed for the students who want to study at home and can take up Aakash's distance learning courses anywhere across India and abroad.
- E-learning Programs are imparted through Aakash iTutor - Aakash's tablet based coaching program and Aakash TV Tutoring - Aakash's DTH coaching program which is an alliance with the India's DTH service provider, Bharti Airtel's new iTV Service - iExam, for providing the coaching services through Airtel digital TV.
Aakash branches and franchise centres
Aakash has already its branches and franchise centres in North and East India and some part of West India. Aakash also started to expand its branches in South India before 2011 academic session. Due to NEET and JEE to be made all India based Common Entrance Test(CET) for Medical and Engineering aspirants respectively from 2013, Aakash has expanded its presence in South India and West India with centers in Gujarat (Ahmedabad and Vadodara), Karnataka (Bangalore), Andhra Pradesh (Hyderabad) and in Kerala (Kochi and Trivandrum).
- Aakash Educational Services Limited is a sponsor of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), an Indian adaptation of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? on Sony Entertainment Television (India), hosted by popular Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan. Aakash Educational Services pioneered the sponsorship; the company Director Aakash Chaudhry felt that their services were well matched to both the show, and its Season 6 theme of The Power of Knowledge.
- "Company Overview of Aakash Educational Services Limited". Business Week. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Aakash Educational Services Ltd. Company Profile 2011". Bharat Book Bureau. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Aakash Educational Services announced their new state of the art". Candid Communication. Kolkata, India. 2010-06-17. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Preparation for Medical and Engineering under one Roof". Rashtriya Sahara. Kanpur, India. 2012-07-01. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Aakash Institute to foray in Gujarat". Business Standard. Ahmedabad, India. 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Aakashians outperform yet again at IIT-JEE 2012 entrance exam". The Hindu. New Delhi, India. 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Aakash Institute expands reach to South India". The Hindu. 2011-03-27. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "NTSE Plus DLP Course – Aakash Foundations". Scribd. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Regular Classroom Course – Medical". Scribd. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Distance Learning Courses – Medical". Scribd. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Now comes Aakash iTutor tablet!". Zee News. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Airtel’s iTV Service - iExam". Airtel.in. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Aakash, Airtel Digital TV partner to boost e-learning". voicendata.ciol.com - CIOL Network. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Airtel DTH Partners Aakash Institute To Offer Entrance Exam Coaching". Medianama. 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Education-preneurs betting on demand from tier II and III cities". DailyBhashkar.com. 2012-12-26. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- "Aakash Institute to foray in State". Business Standard. 2012-11-28. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Aakash launches its corporate branches in Bangalore". 2013-01-10. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- "Aaksh Educational services opens centre in kerala". IBN Live. 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Sony ropes in 10 sponsors for Kaun Banega Crorepati". Indiantelevision.com. 2012-08-30. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Sony guns for R400-cr revenue with 10-sec KBC spots at R5.5 L". The Financial Express. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "KBC ropes in Aakash as a sponsor". Indiantelevision.com. 2012-08-17. Retrieved 2012-09-10.