Aalto University Undergraduate Center
Korkeakouluaukio side of the Aalto University Undergraduate Center in October 2018.
|Location||Otakaari 1, Otaniemi, Espoo|
|Owner||Aalto University Campus & Real Estate|
|Material||Brick, granite, copper|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Arkkitehdit NRT Oy|
Aalto University Undergraduate Center is a building designed by the Architect Alvar Aalto. Originally the building was designed to serve as the main building of the Helsinki University of Technology. Today it is one of the main buildings of the Aalto University's campus in Otaniemi, Espoo.
The first part of the building was completed in 1965 and the extension with the major auditoriums in 1975. The library building of the University was completed in 1969, also designed by Alvar Aalto. The main building and the library are crucial part of the campus that is defined to be national cultural heritage of Finland. It became the Undergraduate Center, one of the main buildings of the new Aalto University, and all the buildings were renovated in the early days of the Aalto University.
- "Otaniemi University of Technology (TKK)". MIMOA.
- "New Life for Aalto University Undergraduate Centre by Arkkitehdit NRT Oy". Metalocus. 7 August 2017.
- Demetri Porphyrios, Raija-Liisa Heinonen, Steven Groák (1 November 1984). Alvar Aalto. p. 87.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- "Undergraduate Centre | Aalto University". www.aalto.fi. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- LISTA OTANIEMEN RAKENNUKSISTA AIKAJÄRJESTYKSESSÄ Teknillinen korkeakoulu. Viitattu 28.6.2014.
- Otaniemen alueen arkkitehtuuri Aalto-yliopisto. Viitattu 28.6.2014.
- Otaniemen kampusalue Museovirasto. Viitattu 28.6.2014.
|This article about a Finnish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|