|Produced by||Mohan Natarajan|
|Music by||Srikanth Deva|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
Sri Rajakaliamman Films
Aalwar (Tamil: ஆழ்வார்) is a 2007 Tamil film directed by Chella and produced by Mohan Natarajan. The film featured Ajith Kumar and Asin in the lead roles with Lal and Aditya Srivastava appearing in other pivotal roles. The film's score and soundtrack is by Srikanth Deva while the cinematography was by Ramesh Gee. The movie released as 2007 Pongal release along with Pokkiri and Thamirabharani, while Pokkiri and Thamirabharani were super hit, Aalwar was a flop.
Aalwar is a traditional priest. He is devoted to his mother and sister. But the villainous elements Lal, Vincent Asokan, kill the sister and mother. Aalwar, with revenge ringing in his mind, ends up as Shiva the killer, even while working as a ward boy in a hospital. Shiva is out to make a statement against the venal forces. He sees himself as some kind of avatar — in fact, he bumps off the baddies under the get-up's of Lord Rama and Lord Krishna. In climax, Shiva turns up as Lord Narasimha and bumps off the last villain by placing him on his thighs and ripping apart his bowels and chest with his sharp claws.
- Ajith Kumar as Aalwar (Shiva)
- Asin as Priya
- Vivek as Pons
- Keerthi Chawla as Madhu
- Aditya Srivastava
- Vincent Asokan
Ajith teamed up with a debutant Chella for a film to be produced by Mohan Natarajan. Chella had previously worked as an associate to S. J. Suryah, who Ajith had worked with in the 1999 film, Vaali. The film held its photo session on 20 July 2006 with Asin, Ajith's pair in Varalaru, being selected once again while Ramesh G of Naalai was chosen as cinematographer. The film began at the Ramoji Rao Studios in Hyderabad in August 2006. A couple of songs were filmed in Switzerland as the film geared up for a Pongal release. Shalini, Ajith's wife, was the costume designer for him in the film.
|Soundtrack album by Srikanth Deva|
15 December 2006 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Srikanth Deva chronology|
"Solli Tharava" – Sadhana Sargam, Muhamad Salamad
"Pidikkum" – Madhushree
"Anbulla Kadhali" – Kunal Ganjawala, Kushbu
"Pallaandu" – Unnikrishnan, Senthildas
"Mayile Mayile" – Srikanth Deva, Senthildas, Roshini, Suruthipriya, Arjun Thamas, Sujavitha
- "Ajith gets ready – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Tamil movies : Ajith’s Aalvar – Photo session over and the film to kick off on August 1". Behindwoods.com. 20 July 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Ajith back in the groove – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Foreign locations beckon directors – Bollywood Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Pokiri and Aalwar audios doing brisk business – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Tamil movies : ajithkumar ajith altimate star shalini mrs ajithkumar aalwar costume designer vijayakanth premalatha rajinikanth latharajinikanth". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Movie Review:Aalwar". Sify.com. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Aalwar Review – Tamil Movie Review by PVS". Nowrunning.com. 15 January 2007. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Alwar is run of the mill". Rediff.com. Retrieved 9 February 2012.