This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aamra Companies logo
|Founder||Syed Faruque Ahmed and
Syed Farhad Ahmed
|Syed Faruque Ahmed chairman
Syed Farhad Ahmed
Aamra Companies is a B2B conglomerate headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Established in 1985, the group's key businesses include distribution and servicing of machinery and solutions for textiles & apparels industry, ICT, BPO, IIG, Logistics and Professional Development. It presently owns 14 concerns located throughout Bangladesh.
In 2008, The Texas Group of Bangladesh changed its name to aamra (আমরা) (the Bangla word for 'we'). The group opened its first international concern in Paris to facilitate its outsourcing business in European countries in the same year. In 2009, its Singapore operation was started for international partner management and to operate its logistic business in the neighbouring Southeast Asian countries.
Aamra Technologies Limited., Aamra Networks Limited., Aamra Infotainment Limited, Aamra Outsourcing Limited & Aamra Solutions Limited are the concerns in the Information Technology industry. The Professional Development business was categorised to Aamra Fitness Ltd. and Aamra Management Solutions.
The journey of Aamra companies began in 1985 with the establishment of Texas Resources Limited (Textile Associates Resources Limited) by Syed Farhad Ahmed and Syed Faruque Ahmed Soon after, the business diversified to the technological sector by setting up Texas Electronics. The group of companies was later rebranded in December 2007, as aamra, the Bangla word for WE to consummate the tagline of the company "the Power of We". After the rebranding, Texas Electronics became Aamra Technologies Limited and Texas Resources became Aamra Resources Limited. In 2008, Aamra companies expanded their business to the professional development segment by creating Aamra management solutions.
Under the umbrella of Aamra companies, Aamra Technologies Ltd. provides core banking software, system integration, information system outsourcing, and switching and networking solutions etc. Aamra Networks Ltd. provides data centre and collocation, infrastructure as a service (IAAS), software as a service (SAAS), audio and video conferencing solutions, bandwidth etc.
The service portfolio of Aamra Infotainment Limited includes web designing, content management, e-commerce development, web maintenance and applications, digital marketing campaigns etc. to other businesses.
Aamra Solutions Limited focuses on critical solution development and support in the financial services sector Business Process Outsourcing and Internet Value Added services are the key activities carried out by Aamra outsourcing limited. The companies serving in the garments industry i.e. Aamra Resources Limited, Aamra Embroideries Limited and Aamra Fashions (CEPZ) Limited provide CAD/CAM, embroidery, textile and other industrial development services, industrial automation services and distributes and services world-renowned textiles and apparels machinery. Aamra fitness ltd. is a gymnasium facility specially designed for corporate and Aamra management solutions provides trainings on business skills and also IT professional training.
Aamra companies have formed partnerships with various firms. The technology partners of Aamra companies are TM (Telekom Malaysia), TPS, BTCL, Novocom, Interblocks, Verisign, Dell, VeriFone, Finacle, Polycom, Oracle Corporation, NBS, Barracuda Networks, Tata Communications, Thales Communications, Webex, 1Asia Alliance, Cisco Systems, Sparkle, EMC Corporation, Juniper Networks, Mikrotik, Rosenberger, Diebold, CA, Rapid SSL and Thawte.
Aamra companies has partnered with:- Barudan, Ecotex, Lectra, Loris Bellini, Mathis, Santex, Sclavos, Unitex, Vi.BE.MAC, Ngai Shing, Pozzi, Cintex, for providing state of the art modern equipment for the garments industry in Bangladesh With Brightstar for Logistic Support and distribution With British Council and Technogym for providing services for professional development. Aamra is the official IT partner of Bangladesh Cricket Board, Bangladesh Hockey Federation, Bangladesh Olympic Association, Bangladesh Football Federation and Bangladesh Sports Journalist Association.
- "aamra companies". Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Texas Group Named "aamra"". The Daily Star. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "Management". aamra companies. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Professional Development". Aamra fitness limited. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Dun & Bradstreet". Dun & Bradstreet. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Group Corporate Office". Aamra companies. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Welcome to Our Company". Aamra technologies limited. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Renaming of Texas Group". Bangladesh News. 16 January 2008. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Aamra Networks' Details". Aamra Networks Limited. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Aamra Infotainment". Aamra Infotainment Limited. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Serving Garments & Texile Industries from 1985". aamra companies. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "About aamra fashions limited". Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "About Aamra". Aamra Fashions Limited. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Corporate Wellness". Aamra fitness limited. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Aamra networks limited". Aamra networks limited. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Sports Desk. "Aamra to continue BCB's official IPS partner". The Bangladesh Today. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "aamra is the official IT Partner of Bangladesh Hockey Federation". aamra networks limited. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Sports Reporter. "Aamra to partner BSJA". The Daily Star. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "aamra companies". France Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Dun & Bradstreet lists Aamra Networks among the top 500 companies in Bangladesh". aamra companies. 13 November 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2014.