|Produced by||Easwari Subramaniam|
V. K. Ramasamy
|Edited by||V. Rajagopal|
|Distributed by||PMV Productions|
|27 December 1985|
Aan Paavam (Sin of Man) is a 1985 Tamil language comedy film directed by Pandiarajan. It was his second directorial venture and first as actor. This blockbuster movie of 1985 became the best comedy movie in the career of actor-director Pandiarajan. The film was remade into Telugu as Naku Pellam Kavali (1987) starring Chandra Mohan and Rajendra Prasad. The film was remade in Kannada as Rama Krishna with V. Ravichandran and Jaggesh.
Pandian and Pandiarajan are two notorious sons of the village cinema theater owner V. K. Ramasamy. Pandian goes to a neighbouring village to see a girl as arranged by his father towards his marriage and ends up in the wrong house. Coincidentally, those in the wrong house are also expecting a lad to see their daughter on the same time and the same day. Contrary to real time arranged marriages, Pandian goes to see the girl totally un-aided by parents, relatives and friends. Nevertheless, he takes a liking to the girl, Seetha and decides to marry her. Seetha likes the lad and decides to accept the proposal.
Meanwhile, Seetha's marriage broker shows up and clarifies that Pandian was supposed to have gone to see some other girl but ended up in the wrong house. Hearing this, Pandian, Seetha and Seetha's parents seem disappointed. Pandian's father fixes dates for her marriage to the girl originally chosen for him — Revathi, a school teacher's daughter. Pandian's adamance to marry Seetha causes a strange turn of events. Pandiyarajan, the younger brother, finally marries Revathi while Pandian ties the knot with this love Seetha.
- Pandiarajan as Chinna Pandi
- Pandiyan as Periya Pandi
- Seetha as Seetha
- Meesai Murugesan as Seetha 's father
- V. K. Ramasamy
- Poornam Vishwanathan
- Kollangudi Karuppayee
- Ramesh Khanna as Kalyana Tharagar
Aan Paavam was Pandiarajan's second film as director and his debut film as an actor. Seetha who was studying 10th at that time was selected to play the lead actress after director saw her in a video at a marriage.
|1||Enna Pada||S. Janaki||Vaali||04:18|
|4||Kuyile Kuyile Poonguyile||Malaysia Vasudevan, K. S. Chithra||04:22|
|5||Otti Vandha Singa Kutty||Kollangudi Karupayi||Kuruvikkarambai Shanmugam||05:33|
The film was included by Behindwoods in their list "of All Time Top Ten comedy movies".
The television series of the same name was aired in Sun TV in 2012.
- malathi rangarajan. "The laughter continues..." The Hindu. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "I take each day as it comes: actor Seetha". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Aan Paavam Songs". raaga. Retrieved 2013-12-21.
- Charulatha Mani. "A Raga's Journey — Sacred Shanmukhapriya". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- T. SARAVANAN. "Ragas hit a high". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "244". dhool.com. Archived from the original on 6 January 2006. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "top ten comedy videos tamil movie clips tamil cinema laugh Kadhalika Neramillai Aan pavam kamal rajinikanth vivek vadivelu nsk hot picture gallery images". behindwoods.com. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Channels". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 September 2015.