|Produced by||Jeeva Ilaiyaraaja|
Aanandha Kummi is a 1983 Indian Tamil-language film directed by Bala Krishnan and produced by Jeeva Ilaiyaraaja for Ilaiyaraaja Pictures. The film stars Ashwini and a newcomer Balachandran. It was released on 25 December 1983, and failed at the box office.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (February 2022)
The pannaiyar of a small village is highly respected due to his generosity and kindness. His wife is equally well-liked and the loving couple have a son, Jeeva. The pannaiyar's right-hand man is Azhagiri, a man who's feared throughout the town as he's prone to violence. However, he will only resort to violence when he feels an injustice or wrong warrants his intervention. Azhagiri's sister, Devanai, is a young widow with a daughter, Selvi. The pannaiyar and his wife financially support Devanai's family. Selvi and Jeeva go to school together and are friends from childhood. As they grow older, their friendship grows into love. They go away to attend the same college. While they're away, long brewing secrets between the two families come to light and drastically change both families' circumstances. Jeeva and Selvi return home to a much-altered situation and face new challenges to their love that they must overcome.
Soundtrack was composed by Ilaiyaraaja. Lyrics were written by Vairamuthu and Gangai Amaran. A section of "Oru Kili Uruguthu" was incorporated into the official trailer for The Lovebirds (2020). The song also features in Miracle, a segment of the anthology film Putham Pudhu Kaalai (2020). The same song was reused by Ilaiyaraaja as "Jilibili" for the Telugu film Sitaara (1984).
|"Oru Kili Uruguthu"||S. Janaki, S.P. Sailaja|
|"Malarthinrukku"||S. Janaki, S.P. Sailaja|
|"Oomai Nenjin"||S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki|
|"Oru Kili Uruguthu"||S.P. Balasubrahmanyam|
|"Oh Vennilaave"||S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki|
|"Anandhakummi – Oh Vennilaave Va"||S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, S.Janaki & S.P. Sailaja|
|"Annan Mare"||S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, Ilaiyaraaja, Gangai Amaren & Dr. Kalyan||Gangai Amaran|
|"Machan Maatikitaru"||S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, Ilaiyaraaja, Gangai Amaren and B.S. Sashirekha|
- ^ "ஆனந்த கும்மி / Aanandha Kummi (1983)". Screen4Screen (in English and Tamil). Archived from the original on 18 February 2022. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- ^ ராம்ஜி, வி. (20 August 2022). "வைரமுத்து கதை; தயாரித்து இசையமைத்த இளையராஜா!". Kamadenu (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 20 August 2022. Retrieved 13 September 2022.
- ^ "Aanandha Kummi (1983)Tamil Super Hit Film LP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Disco Music Center. Archived from the original on 15 February 2022. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- ^ "Aanandha Kummi". JioSaavn. 3 April 1983. Archived from the original on 18 February 2022. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- ^ "'The Lovebirds', ecco qualche curiosità sul film Netflix". PopcornTv (in Italian). Archived from the original on 5 June 2020. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- ^ Srinivasan, Sudhir (17 October 2020). "'Putham Pudhu Kaalai' review: Sudha Kongara stars in an anthology that evokes mixed feelings". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 31 October 2020. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- ^ "பாடலுக்கு மொழி இருக்கிறதா..?". Minnambalam (in Tamil). 1 August 2020. Archived from the original on 1 November 2021. Retrieved 4 March 2023.