Aap Kaa Surroor (film)
|Aap Kaa Surroor|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Prashant Chadha|
|Produced by||Vijay Taneja|
|Story by||Vibha Singh|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Edited by||Sudhir Mehan|
|Friday, June 29, 2007|
|Budget||₹5 crore (equivalent to ₹11 crore or US$1.5 million in 2017)|
|Box office||₹24 crore (equivalent to ₹52 crore or US$7.2 million in 2017)|
Aap Kaa Surroor (English: Your Joy) is a 2007 Indian Hindi romantic thriller film directed by Prashant Chadha and starring singer Himesh Reshamiya in his debut as an actor, alongside Hansika Motwani and Malika Sherawat. Reshammiya has claimed the story is based on his own life and was named after his music album Aap Kaa Surroor. It was shot mostly in Germany and was released on 29 June 2007. Critics panned the film although it turned out to be a surprise hit of 2007.
The movie begins with a dead body of a TV journalist, Nadia Merchant, being found in a remote area, somewhere in Germany. Soon after, the most famous Indian singer Himesh Reshammiya (HR) is arrested after a concert for murdering the journalist. HR is put behind bars and the incidents begin to unravel as the movie goes into a flashback. While on a concert in Germany, performing with his best friend Shravan, HR meets the event organizer Khurana (Darshan Jariwala) and his partner Ruby James (Mallika Sherawat). He also meets the event planner Riya (Hansika Motwani), and it's love at first sight. After initial reservations, Ria's father (Sachin Khedekar) approves of the match.
Things take a turn when HR is arrested. He asks Ruby, a lawyer, to bail him out. But hell hath no fury like a woman scorned: Ruby is in love with HR, but the rock star loves Riya. He escapes from his prison cell after taking the murdered TV journalist's father Feroz (Raj Babbar) captive. He has to find the actual murderer in one day or else his sweetheart will be married to someone else. To stop this from happening, he needs Riya's help. He approaches her; she is currently ignoring him.
HR, Shravan, and Bani (Gurbani Judge) approach Ruby (on HR's hunch that Ruby is innocent of the murders) for help. They browse through Invoices and other Documents in Khurana's Office to find that acute losses on a previously finalized world tour deal gave Khurana the motive to frame HR. HR then proceeds to confront Khurana and, after a car chase, he catches up dancing gaily while being recorded.
- Himesh Reshammiya as HR / Himself
- Hansika Motwani as Riya Bakshi
- Mallika Sherawat as Ruby James
- Darshan Jariwala as Khurana
- Raj Babbar as Feroz Merchant
- Shravan as Shravan Kumar
- VJ Bani as Bani, Riya's friend
- Sachin Khedekar as Riya's father
- Anant Mahadevan as TV news reporter but in a special appearance
- Lovepreet Aujla as Himesh's friend
- Marrissa Lawrence as Nadia F. Merchant
- Ishitha Chauhan as Trishnu
- Sanjay Sharma as Raju
- Pankaj Jha as Ghulam Sayyed auto rickshaw Driver
- Abhijeet Chavan as Chinman Rao auto rickshaw driver
- Lallan Dubey as Lallan Dubey auto rickshaw driver
- Ryan Estrada as Himself (German police officer)
- Ron Matz as Sam (German police officer)
- Ryan Estrada as herself (German police officer)
- Esther Maria Pietsch as stewardess (German police officer)
- Frank Brandstatter as Indian journalist in the background who helps to translate Darshan Jariwala (Khurana)'s confession.
- Souzan Alavi as background dancer
Box office and reception
|Aap Ka Surroor|
|Soundtrack album by Himesh Reshammiya|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music was composed by Himesh Reshammiya; the lyricist was Sameer. According to the Indian trade website Box Office India, with around 13,00,000 units sold, this film's soundtrack album was the year's seventh highest-selling.
|Assalam Vaalekum||Himesh Reshammiya||6.00|
|Tera Mera Milna||Himesh Reshammiya, Shreya Ghoshal||5.50|
|Jhoot Nahin Bolna||Himesh Reshammiya, Shreya Ghoshal||6.10|
|Tanhaiyaan||Himesh Reshammiya, Sunidhi Chauhan||5.06|
|Ya Ali||Himesh Reshammiya, Sunidhi Chauhan||4.32|
|Tere Bina||Himesh Reshammiya, Devendra Singh||5.35|
|Kya Jeena||Himesh Reshammiya||5.14|
|Mehbooba O Mehbooba (A Tribute to Panchamda)||Himesh Reshammiya, Asha Bhosle||4.54|
|Tanhaiyaan (unplugged)||Himesh Reshammiya, Sunidhi Chauhan||2.10|
|Tera Tera Tera Surroor||Himesh Reshammiya||4.05|
- Best Male Debut — Nominated
- Best Male playback singer (Yeh Tera Mera Milna) — Nominated
Koffee with Karan awards
- Best Male Debut — Won
- Superstar of tomorrow (Male) — Nominated
- "Fans will love Himesh's Aap Kaa Surroor". Rediff.com. 3 May 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Himesh starts shooting Aap Kaa Surroor in Germany". Bollywood Hungama. 15 February 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Aap Kaa Surroor has the biggest opening of 2007". Rediff.com. 4 July 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
-  Archived 27 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Music Hits 2000–2009 (Figures in Units)". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 24 June 2010.
- Taran Adarsh (21 January 2011). "'Aap Kaa Surroor 2' features Himesh already". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-01-25.