|Locale||Central Denmark Region|
|Stations||50, previously 51|
|Website||Midtrafik Letbane (owner)
Aarhus Letbane (construction project)
|Line length||107 km (66 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||750 V DC OHLE|
|Operating speed||100 km/h (62 mph)|
Aarhus Letbane (Aarhus light rail) is a tram and tram-train system under construction in the city of Aarhus, Denmark since September 2013. Parts of the line is planned to open in May 2017, while the rest is expected to open in the autumn 2017.
Phase 1 is a 12 km double-track tramway running from Aarhus H station, via Skejby and Lisbjerg to Lystrup. The Odderbanen railway from Aarhus to Odder and Grenaabanen to Grenaa will be adapted for tram-train services. Phase 1 will be 110 kilometres long when completed.
Expansion plans includes a branch to Lisbjerg West.
Contract has been signed about delivery of two types of trams:
- Stadler Tango: max speed 100 km/h, used between Grenaa and Aarhus H station.
- Stadler Variobahn: max speed 80 km/h, used between Odder and Lystrup.
- "Letbanen binder Aarhusområdet sammen". Archived from the original on 24 December 2016.
- "Fra verdens mindste storby til metropol". Archived from the original on 11 April 2014.
- "Aarhus tram-train project gets the go-ahead". Railway Gazette International. 10 May 2012.
- "Letbanen". Midttraffik. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- See Aarhus Letbane.
- "Om Letbanen [About the Lightrail]". letbanen.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- AARHUS KØBER SAMME LETBANETOG SOM BERGEN (Danish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aarhus Letbane.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|