Aaron Brown (financial author)
Aaron C. Brown (born November 27, 1956) is an American finance practitioner, well known as an author on risk management and gambling-related issues. He also speaks frequently at professional and academic conferences. He is Chief Risk Manager at AQR Capital Management. He was one of the original developers of value at risk and one of its strongest proponents.
In 1982 he moved to New York and held a variety of financial jobs including portfolio manager (Prudential Financial), trader and head of Mortgage Securities (Lepercq, de Neuflize), risk manager (JPMorgan Chase, Rabobank, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley and AQR Capital Management) and has given lectures at Fordham and Yeshiva Universities.
At the Global Association of Risk Professionals annual convention in February 2012, Aaron Brown was named risk manager of the year. He was also voted Financial Educator of the Year by the readers of Wilmott Magazine and his website received several Forbes Best of the Web awards for Theory and Practice of Investing.
Brown is the author of Financial Risk Management for Dummies, Red-Blooded Risk: The Secret History of Wall Street, The Poker Face of Wall Street  and A World of Chance  (with Reuven and Gabrielle Brenner).
- Scott Patterson's The Quants: How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street and Nearly Destroyed It (Crown Business, 2010) contains extensive accounts of Aaron Brown's career.
- Stephen Schurr, Gamblers Profit from Holding a Strong Hand Archived October 19, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., Financial Times, March 20, 2006
- http://www.garp.org/risk-news-and-resources/risk-manager-of-the-year/risk-manager-of-the-year/aaron-brown.aspx[permanent dead link]
- 2011 Risk Manager of the Year: Aaron Brown, GARP.
- Adam Leitzes and Joshua Solan, Bulls, Bears and Brains: Investing with the Best and Brightest of the Financial Internet, John Wiley & Sons (2002), ISBN 978-0-471-44294-3
- David Penn, Aaron Brown: Poker Wizard of Wall Street Archived August 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine., June 2008
- Aaron Brown, The Poker Face of Wall Street, John Wiley & Sons (2006), ISBN 978-0-470-12731-5
- Risk Magazine, July 2007, page 15 (incl. photo), Incisive Media,ISSN 0952-8776
- Haug, Espen (2007). Derivative Models on Models. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-0-470-01322-9.
- Biography, PRMIA.
- Brown, Aaron C., Financial Risk Management For Dummies (John Wiley & Sons, 2015), ISBN 978-1-119-08220-0
- Brown, Aaron C. Red-Blooded Risk: The Secret History of Wall Street John Wiley & Sons (2012)
- Reuven and Gabrielle Brenner, and Aaron Brown, A World of Chance: Betting on Religion, Games, Wall Street, Cambridge University Press (2008), ISBN 978-0-521-88466-2
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Aaron Brown (financial author)|