November 8, 1993 |
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Residence||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg)|
|Event(s)||100 metres, 200 metres|
|College team||LSU Tigers|
|Achievements and titles|
100m: 10.15 (Austin 2012)
A native of New Orleans, Louisiana, Ernest relocated to Homewood, Alabama, after Hurricane Katrina devastated the city in 2005. Ernest was born in the Ninth Ward of New Orleans, but he also lived in the New Orleans East right before Hurricane Katrina. He attended Homewood High School, where he was an All-USA high school track and field team selection by USA Today in 2011. His 2011 season bests in 100 m (10.33 s) and 200 m (20.86 s) both ranked third in the nation.
At the 85th Texas Relays in March 2012, Ernest placed second in the 100 metres in the university group, behind only Jeff Demps of the University of Florida. Classified as a junior athlete for the 2012 season, Ernest is eligible for the 2012 World Junior Championships in Athletics. As of June 2012[update], his 100 m personal best of 10.15 seconds is second among juniors in the 2012 season.
|Representing the United States|
|2014||NACAC U-23 Championships||Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada||5th||200m||20.81 (wind: +1.5 m/s)|
- "All-USA high school track and field teams". USA Today. August 11, 2011.
- 2011 Boys High School Track and Field top performers
- Jeff Demps claimed the men's 100 meters university crown | Gatorsports.com
- iaaf.org - 2012 Toplists 100 m - o
- "Adam Gemili wins 100m gold at World Junior Championships". Retrieved 2012-07-12.