26 October 1965
|Education||St John's Co-education College|
|Organization||Aaron Kwok International Charity Foundation (Chinese: 郭富城國際慈善基金會)(2000-present)|
Warner Music Group
Music Nation Group
|Website||First Strong Workshop Ltd (Aaron Kwok Management Co.)|
Aaron Kwok Fu-shing (born 26 October 1965) is a Hong Kong singer, dancer and actor. Active since the 1980s, Kwok is known as one of the "Four Heavenly Kings" of Hong Kong. Dubbed the "God of Dance", Kwok's onstage dancing is influenced by the late American performer Michael Jackson. He has released over 30 studio albums in Cantonense and Mandarin, with most of his songs are in the dance-pop genre, with elements of rock, R&B, soul, electronica and traditional Chinese music.
Concurrently with his music career, Kwok started as an actor with a role in the TVB television drama Genghis Khan (1987), followed by Twilight of a Nation (1988), Man from Guangdong (1991), Heartstrings (1994), and Wars of Bribery (1996). He gained widespread recognition in the movie Saviour of the Soul (1991), for which he was nomiated for a Hong Kong Film Award for Best Supporting Actor, before starring in a string of box-office hits, including Future Cops (1993), China Strike Force (2000), Divergence (2005), After This Our Exile (2006), Port of Call (2015), and Project Gutenberg (2018).
Kwok graduated from St John's Co-education College in Hong Kong. After graduating from secondary school, Kwok worked as a junior staff in King Fook Gold & Jewellery Co. Ltd. His father, who owns a small gold retail store, desired that he gain experience in the business with the view of eventually handing the family business over to him. If not for one of Kwok's brothers taking over the gold business, his father would not have allowed him to join the entertainment industry. In 1984, he was fired for prolonged absenteeism (sick leave) caused by a foot muscle injury from trying the splits at a party.
After being fired from a jewellery company in 1984 at the age of 19, Kwok only had a high school education and had never studied dancing in university before. Kwok subsequently joined a dancer training course at TVB, where his talent for dancing was immediately recognized. Kwok then performed in music videos and variety shows for other singers. In 1987, he was transferred to the acting department of the talent training course and became a TV actor, where he played minor parts in TVB dramas. In 1990, he did a TV commercial in Taiwan for the Honda motorcycle DJ-1RR. The commercial gained him instant popularity with Taiwanese girls, and he immediately burst onto the music scene.
Kwok then began his music career with three mandopop albums including the famous song "Loving You Forever" (對你愛不完) to accompany his dance moves. After his success in Taiwan, he returned to Hong Kong in 1991 to do Cantopop. The next few years saw his popularity reach fever-pitch, and he was soon ranked as one of the "Four Heavenly Kings". Kwok became one of Hong Kong and Asia's most prominent pop stars. He won his first major awards with the 1991 Jade Solid Gold Top 10 Awards and 1991 RTHK Top 10 Gold Songs Awards.
Janet Jackson collaborated with Aaron Kwok and Ricky Martin for international versions of "Ask for More", a promotional single and commercial released as part of an advertising campaign for Pepsi. A full-length music video of the version with Kwok was also released in Asian markets.
As soon as Kwok entered the music industry in 1991, he started a fast-dancing trend (勁歌熱舞). Kwok's onstage dancing and displays has been known to be influenced by Michael Jackson. Later in his career, he is known to have won a prestigious top ten Hong Kong dance award (十大舞蹈家年獎). Of all the performing arts at which Kwok excels, stage appearances remain his perennial favourite. His dance accomplishments are also matched with stage displays. On 16 November 2007, he held an "Aaron Kwok De Show Reel Live" concert at Hong Kong Coliseum with the largest revolving stage. On 17 February 2008, he held an "Aaron Kwok De Show Reel Extension Live" concert at the Hong Kong AsiaWorld Arena with the largest revolving stage measured at 10m x 9.44m and created a new entry for the Guinness Book of World Records.
Over the years, Kwok has also been active in other media such as TV commercials and acting. He began his acting career with the TVB series Rise of Genghis Khan, and the 1988 series Twilight of a Nation about the Taiping Rebellion. One of his more noticeable role was for the 1996 TVB drama series Wars of Bribery where he plays an ICAC special-agent with Athena Chu.
He also starred in various movies. At the Taiwan's 42nd Golden Horse Awards ceremony on 13 November 2005, Kwok was the surprise winner of Best Leading Actor award for his role in the film Divergence. It was Kwok's first Golden Horse nomination and beat veteran Hong Kong star Tony Leung Ka-fai to win the honour. He won the Best Actor Award again at the 43rd Golden Horse Awards on 24 November 2006 for his role in the film After This Our Exile. He became only the second actor in the history of the Golden Horse Awards to win the Best Actor Award consecutively. Jackie Chan first accomplished this back in the 1992-3.
Kwok married Shanghai-based Chinese model Moka Fang (方媛）and they both are parents to daughters Chantelle Kwok.and Charlotte Kwok .
Kwok posted on social media on 18 April 2019 that his second child Charlotte Kwok was born.
Kwok has been known as a collector of sports cars as well as a fan of motor racing. He is known as a car fanatic and has a large collection of notable cars. Some of his collection include the Audi R8 GT Spyder, Ferrari F50, F512M, F355 GTS, F360 Modena, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Ferrari California, Ferrari F430 Spider, Lamborghini Diablo SE30, Mercedes-Benz SL600, Mercedes CLK DTM AMG, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 911 GT3 RS mk2. Other cars include the Enzo Ferrari, a Carbon version Pagani Zonda F, Lamborghini Murciélago, Gallardo, Lamborghini Aventador 50th Anniversario Roadster, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Porsche 996 GT3, Nissan GT-R.
In 2011, Kwok became a race-horse owner at the Hong Kong Jockey Club. He originally owned two horses: N288 CALLING WITH LOVE and another named P288 MY FAVORITE. In 2018, he purchased a new horse named C180 DANCING FIGHTER.
Kwok is also well known to be a super fan of Chinese hotpot .
He was famous for popularising a new type of "center-split hair style" that was widely imitated during the 1990s. As a fashion icon amongst the show biz industry ,throughout his career he changed his hair style numerous times, including styles such as the five-five split and the four-six split. In 2020, he became the brand ambassador of HSBC Jade in Hong Kong with advertisements that shared his own beneficial experience of using its banking services.
- Loving You Never Stop (Mandarin Debut Album)
- Should I Leave Quietly?
- Who Can Tell Me Finally?
- Please Bring My Affection Home (1st Mandarin Compilation)
- Loving You
- Dancing Never Stop, Loving Never Stop, Singing Never Stop (Cantonese Debut Album)
- Marlboro Red Hot Hits: Heat Moves Lalala
- Deep Loving You - Aaron Kwok (2nd Mandarin Compilation)
- Leaving All My Love To You
- Without Your Love
- Dream Can't Be Kept
- Merry X-Mas [Single]
- AK-47 (four new Cantonese songs + Cantonese & Mandarin Compilation)
- Starts From Zero (Cantonese & Mandarin Compilation)
- The Wild City (1st Album released by Warner Music)
- The Horizon
- A Moment Of Romance II OST
- Desire [Single]
- Desire (Japanese Version) [Single]
- Temptation of the Iron Mask
- Elution/Good Gal (Remix)
- Lover For A Whole Life (Mandarin Compilation)
- Romance Iron Mask Moving Temptation (Remix)
- My Starting Point Is Here
- You Are My Everything (EP)
- Pure Legend
- Wind Can't Stop
- Memorandum (Photo Album)
- Aaron Kwok Golden Songs : Memorandum Collection
- Love Dove
- The GIG Kingdom (EP)
- Listen to the Wind's Song
- Listen to the Wind (karaoke remix)
- Warner MasterSonic Vol 1: Aaron Kwok
- Aaron Kwok Live in Concert 1996
- Who Will Remember Me?
- Love Call
- Duplicate Soul - Duplicate Again (Remix)
- Generation Next
- Code In The Wind
- Warner MasterSonic Vol 2: Aaron Kwok
- Best To Sing Mandarin 1998
- Aaron Kwok The Best Remix
- A Magic To City
- Best Hits of Aaron (songs from his previous label)
- Pepsi Aaron Kwok Live in Concert 1998
- Ask For More (EP)
- Amazing Dream [Album]
- Amazing Dream (Version 2)
- Amazing Dream (Big Box)
- So Afraid
- So Afraid (Happy New Year Version)
- Hip Hip Hurray Greatest 16 Hits 1999
- Hip Hip Hurray Greatest 16 Hits 1999 (Singapore Version, with two Mandarin songs)
- Journey, Cheer
- And I Hate You So OST
- China Strike Force OST
- Fearless vs Future (EP)
- Pepsi Aaron Kwok Live On Stage 2000/01
- 34 Best Choice of Aaron Kwok HDCD (Combination of Warner MasterSonic 1&2)
- Xin Tian Di + Para Para Sakura OST
- Pure Energy Collection
- Aaron Kwok & Friends in Concert 251101
- Beyblade (3"CD, EP)
- Aaron Kwok Nicam Greatest Hits 2002 (Love.Stage)
- Aaron Kwok AA+ Best Hits! (Taiwan Version of Nicam Greatest Hits)
- Burning Flame 2 OST
- The Power Of Love 2002
- In The Still Of The Night
- In The Still of The Night (Special Version)
- Romancing Hong Kong OST
- In The Still Of The Night
- AK Trilogy Yours Truly Greatest Hits I II III
- Thematic (AVCD, EP)
- My Nation
- My Nation Plus [1 additional single (Kid of Wind)]
- Aaron Kwok: The Best Collection (2DVD + 2CD)
- My Nation
- Aaron Kwok de Show Reel Live in Concert 2007/2008
- Aaron Kwok Greatest Hits (2CD)
- Aaron Kwok Never Ending Love
- Hail to the God of Dance 23 November 2007
- "時尚創客". stylishmake. Archived from the original on 31 August 2018. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- YouTube.com."Youtube.com." Aaron Kwok commercial. Retrieved on 28 June 2009.
- Chinese Pop Music History 20 Years Special – Aaron Kwok
- Ask for More (with Aaron Kwok)
- 首位流行歌手獲此殊榮 SUN娛樂. 2004-12-31
- 郭富城成首位獲香港舞蹈年獎歌星 網易娛樂. 2005-02-03
- Swiss Privilege. "Swiss-privilege." Dancing Aaron Kwok rocked the stage at his de show Reel Live in Concert 2007. Retrieved on 28 June 2009.
- "郭富城450旋轉舞臺列世界紀錄". YouTube.
- zh.wikipedia.org.金馬獎最佳男主角 郭富城
- "List of Awardees of The 35th Hong Kong Film Awards". Hong Kong Film Awards. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- 【一家三口】郭富城微博默認升級做爸爸 MPweekly. 2016-09-23
- 天王郭富城官宣又做老竇 東網. 2019-04-18
- Auto.cn. "Auto.cn Archived 25 September 2009 at the Wayback Machine." 郭富城和他的12輛超級跑車. Retrieved on 28 June 2009.
- CALLING WITH LOVE The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- MY FAVORITE The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- DANCING FIGHTER The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- dailynews.sina.com. "Sina.com."當年狂追的偶像髮型 Retrieved on 2 April 2010.
- "精準投資數據分析，助您睇高一線 | 滙豐尚玉 Be at the top of your game with detailed analysis | HSBC Jade - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aaron Kwok.|