June 21, 1976|
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, U.S.
Aaron Lazar (born June 21, 1976) is an American actor and singer.
Early life and education
Lazar was born in Cherry Hill, New Jersey to a Jewish family. He graduated from Cherry Hill High School West in 1994. Lazar attended Duke University where he earned a BA in music in 1998, while completing the prerequisite classes for medical school and taking the MCAT. He then studied at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM), where he earned an MFA in musical theater in 2000.
After landing the role of understudy to the lead in the Broadway National Tour of The Scarlet Pimpernel only months after moving to New York City, Lazar abandoned his aspirations of being a medical doctor. He received a Drama Desk Award Nomination for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical for his performance as Enjolras in Les Misérables. Other Broadway Credits include The Last Ship, A Little Night Music, Impressionism, A Tale of Two Cities, The Phantom of the Opera, Oklahoma! (Live from the Lincoln Center on PBS) He has also appeared in Film/TV roles in Avengers: Infinity War, Girl Meets World, The Good Wife, The Strain, Blacklist, Wolf of Wall Street, and several others. He has also performed at the Kennedy Center, Hollywood Bowl, N.Y. Philharmonic, and Carnegie Hall. He is currently (as of October 2018) playing Larry Murphy in the first National Tour of Dear Evan Hansen.
- Mamma Mia! (2013)
- The Last Ship (2014)
- "Count Carl-Magnus Malcolm" in Stephen Sondheim's A Little Night Music (2009-2010 Broadway Revival)
- "Ben Joplin" in Impressionism on Broadway (2009) with Joan Allen, Jeremy Irons, and Marsha Mason
- "Charles Darnay" in A Tale of Two Cities (Broadway 2008)
- "Enjolras" in Les Misérables (Broadway Revival 2006)
- "Fabrizio Nacarelli" in The Light in the Piazza (broadcast live from Lincoln Center on PBS)
- "Roger Delli-Bovi" in A New Brain (Encores! Revival 2015)
- Untitled Avengers film as Doctor Strange, stand-in for Benedict Cumberbatch (2019)
- Avengers: Infinity War as Doctor Strange, stand-in for Benedict Cumberbatch (2018)
- This Is Where I Leave You as Barry Weissman (2014)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- J. Edgar (2011)
- The Notorious Bettie Page (2005)
- One Man's Castle (2003)
- White Collar, episode "Book of Hours" (2009)
- All My Children, two episodes (2009)
- New Amsterdam, episode "Bad Amanda" (2008)
- Ugly Betty, episode "Honor" (2008)
- Guiding Light
- Onion News Network as O'Brady Shaw, recurring (2011)
- The Good Wife as William Sattmann in the episode "The Last Call" (2014)
- Girl Meets World as Mr. Jackson, episodes "Girl Meets Triangle", "Girl Meets Upstate"
- Quantico as Deputy Paul Burke, recurring (2016)
- "The New York Pops". Carnegie Hall. Retrieved April 28, 2008.
native of Cherry Hill, New Jersey[permanent dead link]
- Elkin, Michael (July 15, 2010). "More Than a Little Night Music". Philadelphia: The Jewish Exponent. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- "That's their boy on Broadway". The Philadelphia Inquirer. May 14, 2002.
- "Alumni News from Winter/Spring '11". Duke University. 2011.
- "UC alumni currently or recently on Broadway". UC Magazine. University of Cincinnati.
- 2006 - Drama Desk Awards - Press Releases
- Aaron Lazar on IMDb