|Full name||Aaron Joseph Douglas Mauger|
|Date of birth||29 November 1980|
|Place of birth||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||14 st 9 lb (93 kg)|
|School||Christchurch Boys High School|
|Notable relative(s)||Nathan Mauger (brother)
Graeme Bachop (uncle)
Stephen Bachop (uncle)
Ivan Mauger (uncle)
|Rugby union career|
|New Zealand No.||1013|
Aaron Joseph Douglas Mauger (last name pronounced "Major"; born 29 November 1980 in Christchurch, New Zealand) is a New Zealand rugby union coach and former player who played at centre for Leicester Tigers. He previously played first five-eighths and second five-eighths for Canterbury (Air New Zealand Cup), the Crusaders (Super Rugby) and the New Zealand All Blacks. He joined the Leicester Tigers at the end of the 2007 Rugby World Cup after signing a two-and-a-half-year contract with the English side.
Mauger captained the New Zealand Under-21 team to success in the International Under-21 Tournaments in 2000 and 2001. He made his All Blacks début in 2001.
In March 2010, Mauger announced his retirement due to a back injury. He had attended clinics in the United Kingdom and Germany in his bid to overcome the injury but had been unable to complete training sessions without breaking down. In June 2010 Mauger returned with his family to live in his native New Zealand where he hoped to remain involved with rugby union in a coaching role.
Following a period of coaching with the Crusaders, it was announced that Mauger had signed a 3-year deal (starting in the 2015/2016 season) with Leicester Tigers for the vacant head coach role. The role was previously held by Matt O'Connor who left in 2013 to be head coach at Leinster.
- Tigers get a Mauger scoop Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Kitson, Robert (19 November 2001). "Lomu and the boys put down a marker". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Injury forces Leicester Tigers' Aaron Mauger to retire". thisisleicestershire.co.uk. 30 March 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- "Aaron Mauger announces retirement from rugby". BBC Sport. 2010-03-30. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- "Aaron Mauger Joins Tigers". BBC Sport. 2014-11-24. Retrieved 2014-11-24.