Aaron Smith (author)
|Education||Masters in Journalism|
|Alma mater||University of Tasmania|
|Notable works||Shanti Bloody Shanti, An Indian Odyssey; Chasing El Dorado, a South American Adventure|
Aaron Smith is an author, freelance journalist and newspaper editor who writes for a range of print and online publications. His works have appeared in publications around the world. He has had two nonfiction books published in Australia, New Zealand, USA and the UK.
Aaron Smith was born in the UK in 1969 and grew up in Tasmania, Australia. After studying environmental science at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, he worked as an actor and playwright in Melbourne, with productions in the 2003 Melbourne Comedy and 2002 Melbourne Fringe Festivals  While traveling Asia and Latin America between 2005 and 2009, Smith started writing travel articles. Upon returning to Australia in 2009, Smith completed a Masters in Journalism from the University of Tasmania and now writes for various publications. His magazine articles have appeared in various print publications, including Australian Geographic Magazine, Australian Traveller  and Griffith Review.
He won a Queensland Clarion Journalism Award for Indigenous Issues Reporting in 2014.
Smith's debut book, Shanti Bloody Shanti, An Indian Odyssey was released in Australia and New Zealand in November 2011 by Transit Lounge Publishing.
The second edition of Shanti Bloody Shanti, An Indian Odyssey was released in the UK and USA in 2013 by Roaring Forties Press.
Smith's second book, Chasing El Dorado, a South American Adventure was published in 2014 in Australia and New Zealand by Transit Lounge Publishing.
- "Index Drill Down". Ausstage. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Aaron Smith | The Rio Times | Brazil News". Riotimesonline.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "In the Jungle with Peter Gabriel". Iquitostimes.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Lark Distillery, Hobart". Australiantraveller.com. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Contact Us". Torresnews.com.au. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Will Torres Strait become asylum backdoor to Australia? - 13/08/2013". Abc.net.au. 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Shanti Bloody Shanti: An Indian Odyssey". Roaring Forties Press. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Aaron Smith | The Press, Christchurch Writers' Festival". Chchwritersfest.co.nz. 2012-07-06. Archived from the original on 2013-11-11. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Smith, Aaron". Litquake. Retrieved 2013-11-11.