|Directed by||Satyen Bose|
|Music by||Laxmikant Pyarelal|
Aasra is a 1966 Hindi movie produced by Madan Mohla and directed by Satyen Bose. The film stars Mala Sinha, Biswajeet, Balraj Sahni, Jagdeep and Nirupa Roy. The film's music is by Laxmikant Pyarelal.
Amar Kumar is an eligible bachelor and his parents are looking to match him up. Amar meets Roopa but is more attracted her cousin, Shobha. The girl is treated as a house servant in Roopa's household. When Amar's feelings become public, Roopa beats Shobha. Frightened, she keeps away from Amar. The man travels abroad for several months; again Shobha is beaten. She escapes from the abusive household and is taken in by Amar's parents. There is a twist, though, she is pregnant and the identity of the father is unclear.
- Mala Sinha as Shobha
- Biswajeet as Amar Kumar, Surendra and Maya's son
- Balraj Sahni as Surendra Nath Kumar
- Nirupa Roy as Maya Kumar, wife of Surendra Nath
- David Abraham as Vishwambhar Nath
- Praveen Paul as Mrs. Vishwambhar
- Jagdeep as Harish, VIshwambhar's eldest son
- Ameeta as Roopa, Vishwambhar's eldest daughter
|1||"Daiya Ri Daiya Yashoda Maiya"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|2||"Mere Soone Jeevan Ka Aasra Hai Tu"||Asha Bhosle|
|3||"Neend Kabhi Rehti Thi Ankhon Mein"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|4||"Sajana Kidhar Sari Ratiyan"||Lata Mangeshkar, Usha Mangeshkar|
|5||"Shokhiyan Nazar Mein Hain"||Mohammed Rafi|
|6||"Tu Kaun Ho Bataon"||Lata Mangeshkar|
- Cowie, Peter; Elley, Derek (1977-01-01). World Filmography: 1967. Fairleigh Dickinson Univ Press. p. 254. ISBN 9780498015656.
- Sinha, Mala; Biswajeet; Sahni, Balraj; Ameeta (2000-01-01), Aasra (1966) at IMDb, retrieved 2017-03-25
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (2014-07-10). Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema. Routledge. ISBN 9781135943257.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|