|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
|Owned by||Vedic Broadcasting Ltd.|
|Broadcast area||US (World Direct), Africa, Australia, Mauritius (MBC Digital Platform – TNT), Canada, Continental Europe, United Kingdom (Sky)|
|Dish Network||Channel 719|
Aastha TV is a spiritual TV network in India, Established in 2000 it is owned by 'Aastha Broadcasting Network Ltd.', which is listed at Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and has Santosh Kumar Jain and Prabhat Kumar Jain as its Directors. In 2005 the channel started the broadcast of "Aastha International through UK affiliate as it had done previously in the USA as a 24x7 service on the DTH platform of BSkyB in UK. and by 2006 it was reaching 160 countries around the world. Its programs feature spiritual discourses, socio-cultural ceremonies and religious events, accompanied by meditation techniques and devotional music. The core of its programming relies on discovery of holy places of pilgrimage, education on traditional festivals and vedic science, such as yoga, ayurveda, astrology, crystal therapy and aromatherapy.
Popular spiritual leaders on Aastha
- Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj
- Swami Ramdev
- Swami Sukhabodhananda
- Smt. Jaya Row
- Pujya Deepakbhai Desai
- "Indian spiritual network to air hymn-singing reality TV show". CBC News. 4 July 2007.
- "Business: Shiva Cement to allot 10 lakh shares to IFCI". The Hindu. 9 August 2007.
- "Mar 2006 Mar2007 ANNUAL REPORT 2005-2006". Economic Times.
- "Yo Guruji!". The Times of India. 7 January 2006.
- "The hidden jewel".