Aate Di Chidi
|Aate Di Chidi|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Harry Bhatti|
|Produced by||Charanjit Singh Walia|
Tegbir Singh Walia
|Written by||Raju Verma|
Arjun Gupta[disambiguation needed]
|Music by||Jaidev Kumar|
|Edited by||Bharat S. Rawat|
Aate Di Chidi (lit.Bird of dough) is an upcoming Punjabi black comedy film directed by Harry Bhatti and starring Amrit Maan, Neeru Bajwa, Gurpreet Ghuggi and Arjun Gupta in lead roles. The film will be released worldwide on 18 October 2018 on the holiday Dussehra. It was shot in Canada and Punjab.
An expatriate Punjabi family heads to India after years of being away from their homeland. While the elders long to return to their roots, the young ones in the family are not too keen on this homecoming and hope to return to Canada soon. As both the generations vie to prove their point to one another, a hilarious series of events ensues.
- Amrit Maan as Vikram
- Neeru Bajwa as Eliza, a modern women who knows her priorities and managing very well between her job and her family life, except Dilip's wish of wanting to go to Punjab.
- Sardar Sohi as Dilip Singh, aged 65 who has been living with his family in Canada for last 20 years. He has only one dream to see Punjab which he has left long back which he still thinks that it is same as he left long back. Dilip lives with his son Vikram, daughter in law Eliza and grandson Lavi.
- Anmol Verma as Lavi
- Ashlyn J. as Saify
- Gurpreet Ghuggi
- Karamjit Anmol
- Nirmal Rishi
- B.N. Sharma
- Nisha Bano
- Harby Sangha
- Arjun Gupta as Karan
- Anshu Sawhney as Bihari woman
The filming of Aate Di Chidi took place between 15 March 2018 and July 2018 in India & Canada. The first portion was filmed in several villages of Punjab, India till 6 May 2018 and the second part was filmed in Canada. The film wrapped on 6 July 2018. Featuring Neeru Bajwa and Amrit Maan, Aate Di Chidi revolves around some serious issues, but the overall tone of the film is comedic. Singer and actor Amrit Maan is featured in his first lead role. It is also Harry Bhatti’s first movie in the field of comedy.
A preview of the film was released on 14 March 2018 at Chandigarh. All the major cast members were present at the event. Trailer of the film was released on 21 September 2018 on channel "Lokdhun Punjabi" on YouTube. The film was scheduled to released on 19 October 2018 but few days earlier it was announced that the film will be released one day earlier on 18 October 2018.
Punjabi website Daah Films said, "Aate di Chidi certainly ends on a very special message for everyone. The film is closely knit with the Punjabi culture and traditions and that has also been made evident from a few songs of the film. This is one of those films that will take you back to the belief that ones’s roots are one’s own and no matter what, we should always find ways to make ourselves connected with our rich culture and heritage." Also, appreciated the performance of Sardar Sohi in the film.
- Aate DI Chidi, retrieved 2018-08-05
- "First look of punjabi film 'AATE DI CHIDI' released - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "Aate Di Chidi Movie Show Time in mumbai | Aate Di Chidi in mumbai Theaters | eTimes". m.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- Aate di chidi (2018), retrieved 2018-08-05
- "Joys of childhood". tribuneindia.com. The Tribune.
- "Amrit Maan in 'Aate Di Chidi', shoot to start soon - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "Aate Di Chidi to be shot in Canada - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "Punjab schedule of upcoming movie Aate Di Chidi is wraps up shooting". 5 Dariya News. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "'Aate Di Chidi': It's a wrap for Neeru Bajwa and Amrit Maan starrer - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "'Aate Di Chidi': Trailer of Neeru Bajwa and Amrit Maan starrer to release on 21st September - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- "Aate Di Chidi: Trailer of Neeru Bajwa, Amrit Maan Starrer Will Release on 21st September". PTC Punjabi. 2018-09-19. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- "'Aate di Chidi' movie review: This one will take you back to your roots! - DAAH Films". DAAH Films. 2018-10-19. Retrieved 2018-10-21.