Abacus Data is a Canadian polling and market research firm based in Ottawa. It was founded in August 2010, soon after its founder David Coletto graduated from the University of Calgary with a PhD in political science.
The company's surveys and political opinion polls are sometimes cited in Canadian news media, including by the Globe and Mail, the National Post, the Toronto Star, and Sun Media newspapers. It is the contracted official pollster for the Sun News Network, and company head Coletto has appeared as a television commentator on that network.
A particular focus is surveys about Millennials.
In 2013, Bruce Anderson joined Abacus Data as Chairman.
- Abacus Data Launches
- "Grad official pollster for Sun News". UToday. University of Calgary. June 30, 2011. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- For example: Barbara Yaffe (February 21, 2012). "Mulcair is NDP leadership front-runner, but B.C. members hold cards". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
An Abacus Data Internet survey of 1,000 respondents…
- For example: Éric Grenier (Oct 7, 2011). "Pollsters did better – but still missed mark – in Ontario". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Start-up network teams up with upstart pollster". Toronto Sun. March 29, 2011. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Dr. David Coletto reports!" (video). YouTube.com. Sep 7, 2011. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- Company website
- Company blog
- Bea Vongdouangchanh (October 4, 2010). "Heard on the Hill: New polling firm to probe decision-makers…" (pdf). The Hill Times. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "New pollster Abacus makes a splash". David Akin's On the Hill. December 7, 2010. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- Sean Copeland (March 2011). "David Coletto CEO of Abacus Data – An Interview with a Market Research Expert". New Market Research. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|