|Industry||Public Opinion Research|
Strategic Communications Advice
Human Resources and Organizational Research
Charitable giving and philanthropy
Non-profits and associations
|David Coletto (CEO) |
Bruce Anderson (Chair)
Tim Powers (Managing Director)
Abacus Data is a Canadian polling and market research firm based in Ottawa, Ontario. It was founded in August 2010, soon after its founder David Coletto graduated from the University of Calgary with a PhD in political science.
The company's surveys and political opinion polls are sometimes cited in Canadian news media, including The Globe and Mail, the National Post, the Toronto Star, and Sun Media newspapers. A particular focus of its work is on generational change and Millennials. It runs the website www.canadianmillennials.ca.
Some of its clients include Google, Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the LCBO, Hudson's Bay, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, the Mining Association of Canada, the Railways Association of Canada, and NAV CANADA.
In 2013, Bruce Anderson joined Abacus Data as Chairman. Tim Powers of Summa Strategies is the firm's Managing Director.
- Abacus Data Launches Archived January 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Grad official pollster for Sun News". UToday. University of Calgary. June 30, 2011. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- For example: Barbara Yaffe (February 21, 2012). "Mulcair is NDP leadership front-runner, but B.C. members hold cards". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
An Abacus Data Internet survey of 1,000 respondents…
- For example: Éric Grenier (October 7, 2011). "Pollsters did better – but still missed mark – in Ontario". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Bruce Anderson, Chairman, Abacus Data - GLOBE Series". Retrieved July 15, 2016.
- Company website
- Company blog
- Bea Vongdouangchanh (October 4, 2010). "Heard on the Hill: New polling firm to probe decision-makers…" (pdf). The Hill Times. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "New pollster Abacus makes a splash". David Akin's On the Hill. December 7, 2010. Archived from the original on December 25, 2011. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- Sean Copeland (March 2011). "David Coletto CEO of Abacus Data – An Interview with a Market Research Expert". New Market Research. Archived from the original on May 17, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|