Abakan International Airport
|Abakan International Airport
Международный Аэропорт Абакан
|Operator||JSC "Aeroport Abakan"|
|Hub for||Abakan Avia|
|Elevation AMSL||253 m / 830 ft|
The airport is located to the north of the city not far from the city limits. City bus and trolleybus connections are available. It is the only airport in the region (Khakassia and south of Krasnoyarsk Kray) suitable for all types of aircraft.
Airlines and destinations
|S7 Airlines||Moscow-Domodedovo, Novosibirsk|
|Airstars||Chelyabinsk, Jinan, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Ulyanovsk|
|Grizodubova Air Company||Chelyabinsk, Tianjin|
|Volga-Dnepr||Guangzhou, Moscow-Domodedovo, Shanghai-Pudong, Tianjin|
Accidents and incidents
On November 27, 1996, 8 minutes after taking off from Abakan Airport, an Ilyushin Il-76 transport aircraft (registered RA-78804) crashed into a mountain near Minusinsk on the right bank of Yenisey river. The aircraft transported consumer goods and food. Everyone on board (23 people, including 13 passengers) have died. The cause of the crash was that the aircraft was overloaded and climbed very slowly.
- "Summer timetable Vladivostok Air". Vladivostok Air. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Liu, Jim (1 December 2016). "Air Kyrgyzstan adds new Abakan service from Nov 2016". Routesonline. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Timetable - S7 Airlines". Novosibirsk International Airport (Tolmachevo). Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- (in Russian) Federal State Unitary Enterprise "State Air Traffic Management Corporation", Summer Air Traffic Schedule 25.03.2007 - 27.10.2007 (Airports - Russian international), 29 May 2007, p. 1-2
- (in Russian) Abakan International Airport
|This article about an airport in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|