This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abandon Kansas performing at Murray Hill Theatre on October 1, 2009
|Origin||Wichita, Kansas, US|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Christian rock|
|Labels||Gotee, Bad Christian|
|Associated acts||Wavorly, Hyland, Swimming with Dolphins|
|Past members||Brad Foster
Abandon Kansas formed in 2005 in Wichita, Kansas. The origins of the band's name is a play on the words A band in Kansas. Abandon Kansas released their first EP independently in 2005. It was self-titled and received little recognition. Since then, Abandon Kansas has slowly gained recognition in the Christian music market, achieving recognition by radio vehicles such as RadioU, video vehicles such as TVU, and music review websites such as Jesus Freak Hideout and Indie Vision Music. Gaining attention from local, independent, and few national venues, Abandon Kansas continued releasing records. 3 EPs and 1 full-length album were released from 2006-2009.
In 2009, Abandon Kansas signed with Gotee Records, a diverse record label founded by Christian pop legend, TobyMac. In the months proceeding, Abandon Kansas released one project. Their debut EP on Gotee Records, We're All Going Somewhere, was released on September 8, 2009. It contained no tracks that would be repeated on their proceeding full-length release, Ad Astra per Aspera. The song, "Months and Years," listed as track 5, was placed in regular rotation by RadioU, a national radio vehicle broadcasting from Ohio and California as well as from repeaters across the United States.
In 2011, Abandon Kansas released a second self-titled EP one month before releasing their debut album on Gotee Records. Abandon Kansas was released on February 8, 2011 and contained four songs (including twoepeats from their 2009 release) and two videos. Ad Astra per Aspera was released on March 8, 2011 and contained two songs from their 2011 EP. Abandon Kansas is currently on tour to promote their full-length release. "Heaven Come My Way," listed as track one, is currently in rotation on RadioU.
Abandon Kansas performed on the "Mother, May I?" tour with Wavorly and Hyland. In early 2011, they had toured with Swimming with Dolphins, as well as Mike Mains and the Branches and From Indian Lakes on the first leg of the Ad Astra Per Aspera Record Release Tour. On the second leg of the tour, they performed with Showbread (band), Quiet Science, and The Wedding.
In June of 2015, a post on the Abandon Kansas Facebook page stated the following which has put the band in an indefinite hiatus: "Due to personal and relational circumstances in my life, I have decided it would be best for me and my family to cancel the rest of AK's tour dates in 2015. This is embarrassing, and I apologize for not being in a healthy enough state of mind to perform and tour. It's become clear that I need to take care of myself and deal with issues that have long been ignored. I am already in the process of doing this now. If you've purchased tickets, please still go to the shows and support the other bands. Thank you for your love and support - Jeremy;"
- Brian Scheideman - drums
- Brian Nixon - keys, backing vocals
- Chris Martin - bass
- Tyler Clarensau - keys, Guitar
- Brad Regier - drums
- Chet Kueffer - bass
- Michael Whipple - bass
- Brad Foster - Guitar
- Derek Harsch - Keys
|December 2007||You Build a Wall, I'll Build a Ladder||(independent)|
|March 8, 2011||Ad Astra per Aspera||Gotee Records|
|May 11, 2015||alligator||Bad Christian|
|2006||Exactly What We Needed||(independent)|
|January 6, 2009||The Earth Falls Asleep (Acoustic EP)||(independent)|
|September 8, 2009||We're All Going Somewhere||Gotee Records|
|February 8, 2011||Abandon Kansas||Gotee Records|
|April 2, 2013||Turn It To Gold||Gotee Records|
|June 11, 2013||A Midwest Summer||(independent)|
All dates are MM-DD-YYYY at UTC
- Abandon Kansas (ON TOUR) | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos myspace.com. Retrieved 03-25-2011.
- Jesusfreakhideout.com: Abandon Kansas Discography, Abandon Kansas Artist Database jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved 03-25-2011.
- Jesusfreakhideout.com: Abandon Kansas, "We're All Going Somewhere EP" Review jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved 03-25-2011.
- Music News >> RADIOU.COM Archived July 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. tvulive.com. Retrieved 05-16-2011.
- News | The Mother May I? Tour | Indie Vision Music Archived April 1, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. indievisionmusic.com. Retrieved 05-16-2011.
- Abandon Kansas wrapping up tour with Showbread and Quiet Science | HM Archived June 11, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. hmmagazine.com. Retrieved 05-16-2011.
- Music News >> RADIOU.COM Archived July 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. tvulive.com. Retrieved 05-27-2011.
-  jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved 07-24-2011.
- Abandon Kansas stream lead single from new album, ‘alligator’
- "Abandon Kansas - Timeline | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-10-31.