The Abandoned (1955 film)
|Directed by||Francesco Maselli|
|Produced by||Antonio Pellizari|
|Screenplay by||Eriprando Visconti
|Story by||Eriprando Visconti|
Antonio De Teffè
|Music by||Giovanni Fusco|
|Cinematography||Gianni Di Venanzo|
|Edited by||Antonietta Zita|
Abandoned. The Runaways or The Abandoned was the United States title for the 1955 Italian film Gli Sbandati, set during the aftermath of the Allied invasion of Italy in 1943 during World War II. The film entered the 1955 Venice Film Festival, where it received a special mention. It is the directorial debut of Francesco Maselli. The music was composed by Giovanni Fusco and arranged by Ennio Morricone.
This article needs a plot summary. (June 2012)
- Lucia Bosé - Lucia
- Isa Miranda - Contessa Luisa
- Jean-Pierre Mocky - Andrea
- Goliarda Sapienza - Lucia's aunt
- Antonio De Teffè - Carlo
- Leonardo Botta - Ferruccio
- Marco Guglielmi - Scattered soldiers' officer
- Giuliano Montaldo - Scattered soldier from Tuscany
- Ivy Nicholson - Andrea's girlfriend
- Fernando Birri - Scattered soldiers' lieutenant
- Franco Lantieri - Scattered soldier from Veneto
- Giulio Paradisi
- Joop van Hulzen
- Mario Girotti
- Manfred Freidbager
- Bianca Maria Ferrari
- Dori Ghezzi
- Sight and sound, Volumes 24-25. British Film Institute.
- Gino Moliterno. The A to Z of Italian Cinema. Scarecrow Press, 2009. ISBN 0810868962.
- "Gli Sbandati". Chi Mai. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- Massimo Borriello (4 March 2008). "Cento film e un'Italia da non dimenticare". Movieplayer. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Ecco i cento film italiani da salvare". Corriere della Sera. 28 February 2008. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|