German Military cemetery
|Canton||Canton of Belleville-sur-Meuse|
|Intercommunality||Communauté de communes du Pays d'Étain|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Jean-Marie Mittaux (SE)|
|Area1||9.68 km2 (3.74 sq mi)|
|• Density||12/km2 (32/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||55002 /55400|
|Elevation||210–251 m (689–823 ft)
(avg. 233 m or 764 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Abaucourtois or Abaucourtoises.
Abbaucourt-Hautecourt is located on the Highway D603 which transects the commune from south-east to north-east about 8 km north-east of Verdun. Highway D114 also transects the commune from north to south. Both Highways intersect in the village of Abaucourt. The commune consists entirely of farmland.
Villages and Hamlets
- Broville: north of the D603.
- Eix-Abaucourt a small row of houses on the south side of the D603 midway between Eix and the village of Abaucourt.
- Hautecourt south of the D603.
In the 1970s, Abaucourt-lès-Souppleville joined Hautecourt-lès-Broville to form a new joint commune called "Abaucourt-Hautecourt".
List of Successive Mayors of Abaucourt-Hautecort
(Not all data is known)
In 2009, the commune had 100 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the town since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of municipalities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1] [Note 2]
Before the merging of the two towns in 1954 Abaucourt-lès-Souppleville had 123 inhabitants and Hautecourt-lès-Broville had 67 inhabitants.
Sites and Monuments
- German Military Cemetery No. 7885 (1914-1918)
- War Memorial
The commune does not have a church.
- Lieutenant René Dorme, a famous aviator of the First World War.
- Communes of the Meuse department
- Abaucourt-Hautecourt on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- Abaucourt & Hauteceurt on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Abaucourt-Hautecourt on the INSEE website (French)
- INSEE (French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For municipalities with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these municipalities is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- In the census table and the graph, by convention in Wikipedia, and to allow a fair comparison between five yearly censuses, the principle has been retained for subsequent legal populations since 1999 displayed in the census table and the graph that shows populations for the years 2006, 2011, 2016, etc.. , as well as the latest legal population published by INSEE
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abaucourt-Hautecourt.|