Abba Aa Hudugi
|Abba Aa Hudugi|
|Directed by||H. L. N. Simha|
|Produced by||H. L. N. Simha|
|Written by||H. L. N. Simha|
|Music by||P. Kalinga Rao|
|Edited by||R. Ramamurthy|
|Distributed by||Sri Jamuna Productions|
Abba Aa Hudugi (Kannada: ಅಬ್ಬಾ ಆ ಹುಡುಗಿ; English: Wow, that girl) is a 1959 Indian Kannada film written, directed and produced by H. L. N. Sinha. It stars Rajashankar, Rajkumar, Narasimharaju, Mynavathi and Pandari Bai in the lead roles. It is considered a landmark film in Kannada cinema. Critics have noted that the theme of the movie is loosely based on William Shakespeare 's The Taming of the Shrew.
The film was dubbed into Tamil with the title Mangaikku Maangalyame Pradhaanam and was released in 1960. Dialogues were written by S. A. Subbaraman. Jeevan composed the music while Puratchidasan wrote the lyrics.
Mynavathi is the arrogant girl, who looks down on men. Rajashankar, plays the protagonist, who marries her, teaches her manners and educates her to behave well. Dr. Rajkumar, who costars, marries the younger sister of Mynavathi. The movie became a trend-setter. P. Kalinga Rao's song "Ba Chinna Mohana Nodenna" became a chart-buster.
- Rajkumar as Suresh
- Rajashankar as Sarvottama
- Mynavathi as Sharmishtha
- Pandari Bai as Jyoti
- M. V. Rajamma
- Narasimharaju as Shobh
- B. R. Panthulu
- Dikki Madhava Rao
- H. L. N. Simha
- Advani Lakshmi Devi
- Leelavathi in a guest appearance
- Sukumari as dancer
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2018)
- "A rousing end planned for H.L.N. Simha's birth centenary fete". The Hindu. 21 July 2004. Archived from the original on 8 September 2004. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- G. Neelamegam. Thiraikalanjiyam — Part 1 (in Tamil). Manivasagar Publishers, Chennai 108 (Ph:044 25361039).
- on YouTube - A song from the Tamil dubbed version of the film