|Custodian of Astan Quds Razavi|
14 February 1979 – 4 March 2016
|Appointed by||Ruhollah Khomeini|
|Preceded by||Mohammad-Sadegh Amir-Azizi|
|Succeeded by||Ebrahim Raisi|
|Member of the Assembly of Experts|
19 February 2007 – 23 May 2016
|Constituency||Razavi Khorasan Province|
15 August 1983 – 19 February 2007
25 June 1935|
4 March 2016 (aged 80)|
|Political party||Islamic Republican Party (1979–1987)|
Abbas Vaez Tabasi (Persian: عباس واعظ طبسی; 25 June 1935 – 4 March 2016) was an influential Iranian cleric who held memberships at different institutions. He was Grand Imam and Chairman of the Astan Quds Razavi board from 1979 until his death in 2016.
Vaez Tabasi was a member of Islamic Republican Party's central council, the Expediency Discernment Council and the Assembly of Experts of the Islamic Republic of Iran. He was also the head of the Astan Quds Razavi.
Illness and death
On 2 November 2015, it was announced that he was suffering from cancer. On 27 February 2016, he was hospitalized due to respiratory complications. After a few days of hospitalization, Vaez died on 4 March. He died at the age of 80. Following his death, three days mourning was declared in Khorasan province. His funeral was held on the following day which Ali Khamenei and other officials like President Hassan Rouhani attending the ceremony. He was buried at the Imam Reza shrine.
Vaez Tabassi, Ali Khamenei and Syed Abdul Karim Hashemi Nejad were the core of clerics in Mashhad revolutionary activities revolving around the Holy shrine of Imam Reza they manage. He was heavily influenced by the Navvab Safavi during the years 1952 to 1955 in his speeches against the Pahlavi regime takeoff and The speech was prohibited again in 1955 and I continued until the fall of the Pahlavi regime. Abbas Vaez Tabasi first arrested in 1952 and was SAVAK prison. Abbas Vaez Tabassi first in the year 1955 Mohammad-Javad Bahonar in Rafsanjan was invited to give a speech at a ceremony to be met. Bahonar was speaking before a meeting with our issues raised in speeches were over. After the speech, he was banned from speech.
- Bar, Shmuel (2004). "Iranian Defense Doctrine and Decision Making" (PDF). Institute for Policy and Strategy. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- Mohammadighalehtaki, Ariabarzan (2012). Organisational Change in Political Parties in Iran after the Islamic Revolution of 1979. With Special Reference to the Islamic Republic Party (IRP) and the Islamic Iran Participation Front Party (Mosharekat) (Ph.D. thesis). Durham University. p. 160.
- Suspended[permanent dead link]
- Sharifnews.com:: نتایج انتخابات خبرگان در ۲۵ استان Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- al-monitor. Iran names head of country’s wealthiest foundation.
- presstv. Ayatollah Tabasi passes away in Iranian city of Mashhad.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abbas Vaez Tabasi.|
|Non-profit organization positions|
| Custodian of Astan Quds Razavi
| Representative of the Supreme Leader in Khorasan Province
as Representative of Razavi Khorasan Province
as Representative of South Khorasan Province
as Representative of North Khorasan Province
|This article about an Iranian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Iranian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|