The old mill in Abbots Worthy
|Abbots Worthy shown within Hampshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Abbots Worthy lies on the A33 about 2 miles (3.2 km) to the north of Winchester. Abbots Worthy is included within the civil parish of Kings Worthy and is part of the Winchester City Council administration.
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson in the Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abbotts Worthy as:
ABBOTSWORTHY, a tything in the parish of Kings worthy, 2 miles NNE of Winchester, Hants.
Notable former residents
- Archie Bland - Writer, journalist and Deputy Editor of The Independent newspaper
- Sir Christopher Bland - Former Chairman of British Telecom, the BBC and the RSC
- Lady Georgia Byng - Children's author
- The Hon. Jamie Byng - Owner of Canongate Books
- The 8th Earl of Strafford
Media related to Abbots Worthy at Wikimedia Commons
|This Hampshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|