The old mill in Abbots Worthy
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Abbots Worthy lies on the A33 about 2 miles (3.2 km) to the north of Winchester. Abbots Worthy is included within the civil parish of Kings Worthy and is part of the Winchester City Council administration.
In 1870–72, John Marius Wilson in the Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abbotts Worthy as:
ABBOTSWORTHY, a tything in the parish of Kings worthy, 2 miles NNE of Winchester, Hants.
Notable former residents
- Archie Bland - Writer, journalist and Deputy Editor of The Independent newspaper
- Sir Christopher Bland - Former Chairman of British Telecom, the BBC and the RSC
- Lady Georgia Byng - Children's author
- The Hon. Jamie Byng - Owner of Canongate Books
- The 8th Earl of Strafford
Media related to Abbots Worthy at Wikimedia Commons