Abbotswood shown within Hampshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
On 1 August 2014, planning permission was sought for a local centre consisting of a shop, pub, doctors/dentists surgery, pharmacy, community centre, and a day nursery. The planning application reference is 14/01836/RESS.
Residents of Abbotswood have complained about extremely slow broadband speeds. Newly built houses at Abbotswood have been left out of existing Next-generation access broadband rollouts. In January 2015, County Leader Roy Perry, announced a scheme to help fund the rollout of faster broadband to new build properties in Hampshire.
In 2012 and early 2013, there were reports that water run-off from the building site was the cause of flooding to nearby Cupernham residents gardens and houses. This was later found to be incorrect and that the developement may have in fact, alleviated the flooding.
Locals have been photographing and documenting the ongoing construction of the site.
As of December 2014 there were 458 homes occupied.
- Test Valley Borough Council Planning - Reference 14/01836/RESS - http://www.testvalley.gov.uk/resident/planningandbuildingcontrol/viewplanningapplicationsonline/view-planning-applications-online/
- Romsey Advertiser - Broadband Scheme for New Builds - http://www.romseyadvertiser.co.uk/news/news/11760849.Broadband_scheme_bids_to_bring_5_000_new_homes_up_to_speed/
- Daily Echo - Flooding in Abbotswood - http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/district/romsey/10215666.Investigation_on_flooding_at_800_home_estate/
- "Romsey Flood report published". Hampshire County Council. Hantsweb. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Woodley Net - http://www.woodleynet.co.uk/abbotswood1.htm
- Abbotswood Resident Newsletter No.8 Page 2 - http://www.woodleynet.co.uk/abbotswood/abbotswood-issue-%208.pdf
|This Hampshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|