The Abbott AxSYM is an immunochemical automated analyzer made by Abbott Laboratories. It is used for serology tests and therapeutic drug monitoring, and uses antibodies to alter the deflection of polarized light. It can also be used to monitor hormone level and some cardiac markers such as troponin.
Appearance and use
Blood samples and reagents are placed in separate carousels on the right of the machine. This instrument is used in medical laboratories by trained medical personnel. It can process about 100 samples an hour.
- Lamers, von Yvonne (2005). (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate compared to folic acid supplementation effect on risk markers of neural tube defects (1. Aufl. ed.). Göttingen: Cuvillier. p. 35-36. ISBN 9783865377562.
- Evaluation of the Abbott AxSYM immunoassay analyser. Medical Devices Agency. 1996. ISBN 9781858395388.
- Smith, J; Osikowicz, G (October 1993). "Abbott AxSYM random and continuous access immunoassay system for improved workflow in the clinical laboratory". Clinical chemistry. 39 (10): 2063–9. PMID 7691438.
- Evaluation of the Abbott AxSYM Immunoassay Analyser - Agnes D'Souza, M. J. Wheeler, Great Britain. Medical Devices Agency
- (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate Compared to Folic Acid Supplementation: Effect ... - Yvonne Lamers
- Natriuretic Peptides: The Hormones of the Heart
- Current Research in Head and Neck Cancer: Molecular Pathways, Novel ...