Abbott Independent School District
|Abbott Independent School District|
|219 S. First St.
ESC Region 12
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||28.29 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||10.50 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division I|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $48,305,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.111 and the bond tax rate was $0.028 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical TEA accountability ratings 
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Exemplary
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in two schools.
- Regular instructional
- Abbott High School (Grades Pre-K-12)
- JJAEP instructional
- Hill County JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
Abbott High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, and football The school participates in the girls sports of basketball and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Abbott High School will play six-man football in UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division I.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Abbott Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Abbott High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.