|Born||June 16, 1987|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Education||Immaculate High School|
|Alma mater||Marymount Manhattan College|
|Home town||Wilton, Connecticut, U.S.|
Bill Kennedy (m. 2016)
|Relatives||Bob Elliott (grandfather) |
Bridey Elliott (sister)
Abby Elliott (born June 16, 1987) is an American actress and comedian who was a cast member on Saturday Night Live for four seasons (from 2008 to 2012) and co-starred on the Bravo series Odd Mom Out. She is the daughter of actor/comedian Chris Elliott.
Life and career
Elliott was born in New York City, the elder of two children. She is the daughter of Paula Niedert, a talent coordinator, and actor/comedian Chris Elliott. Her grandfather is radio comedian Bob Elliott. Her younger sister is actress Bridey Elliott; they were both raised in Wilton, Connecticut. She attended high school at Immaculate High School in Danbury, Connecticut, where she acted in school plays and musicals. After graduating from Immaculate High School in 2005, she attended Marymount Manhattan College in New York City but dropped out during the first semester.
In 2006, Elliott appeared with supporting roles for the pilots You've Reached the Elliotts and Chrissy: Plain & Simple, both sitcoms that star her father, Chris Elliott. While at UCBT, she frequently performed with The Midnight Show sketch troupe. She has also occasionally performed comedy with her sister Bridey. Before joining the cast of SNL, Elliott had also done guest voices roles on King of the Hill and Minoriteam. She has also been featured in a number of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon sketches such as "Jersey Floor" and "Studio 6-Bee". Elliott made her film debut with a small role in No Strings Attached, and has since had supporting roles in the films High Road and Fun Size.
After leaving SNL in 2012, Elliott has made guest appearances on television programs such as 2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother, Happy Endings, and Inside Amy Schumer. From 2015 to 2017, she co-starred on the Bravo series Odd Mom Out.
Saturday Night Live
Elliott joined the cast of SNL midway through the 2008–2009 season (Season 34), in November 2008, following the departure of Amy Poehler. She is the third generation of her family to have been featured on SNL (the second to be hired as a cast member, and her tenure on the show was longer than both her father and grandfather). Her father, Chris Elliott, was an SNL cast member during the 1994–1995 season (Season 20) and her grandfather, Bob Elliott, was one half of the popular comedy duo Bob & Ray. Bob Elliott co-starred on a Christmas episode in the 1978–1979 season (Season 4).
Celebrity impressions on SNL
Recurring characters on SNL
- Shirley, one of the singing sisters on The Lawrence Welk Show.
- One of the French girls in "Les Jeunes de Paris".
- Fur Coat Rhonda, one of the comedians in "The Original Kings of Catchphrase Comedy".
- Paula, one of Gilly's classmates that always tattles on her.
Elliott married television writer Bill Kennedy on September 3, 2016.
|2011||No Strings Attached||Joy|
|2011||My Animie Girlfriend||Yuruki||Short film|
|2014||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Taylor|
|2006||Minoriteam||Computer (voice)||Episode: "The Internet 2.0"|
|2008–2012||Saturday Night Live||Herself / Various||81 episodes|
|2008||King of the Hill||Various voices||4 episodes|
|2009||Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday||Kristen Cavallari||Episode: "2.2"|
|2012||Ugly Americans||Emily (voice)||Episode: "Journey to the Center of Twayne"|
|2012||2 Broke Girls||Ruth||Episode: "And the New Boss"|
|2013–2014||How I Met Your Mother||Jeanette Peterson||5 episodes|
|2013||Happy Endings||Katie||Episode: "The Straight Dope"|
|2013–2014||Inside Amy Schumer||Bree / Joselyn||2 episodes|
|2014||Garfunkel & Oates||Chevrolet||Episode: "Rule 34"|
|2015–2017||Odd Mom Out||Brooke Von-Weber||Main cast|
|2015–2019||Star vs. the Forces of Evil||Janna (voice)||Recurring character|
|2016–2018||Home: Adventures with Tip and Oh||Chelsea||Recurring character|
- Zuckerman, Ed (November 11, 2009). "A Professionally Funny Family". The New York Times. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- "Happy Birthday To Wilton's Abigail 'Abby' Elliott". wilton.dailyvoice.com. June 16, 2014. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Nellie, Andreeva (November 12, 2008). "'SNL' taps Abby Elliott, Michaela Watkins". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Littleton, Cynthia (November 12, 2008). "Elliott, Watkins join 'SNL' cast". variety.com. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Power, Lindsay (May 6, 2011). "Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon Mock NBC in 'Jersey Shore' Spoof (Video)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Barrett, Annie (February 2, 2010). "Jimmy Fallon parodies 'Glee': Living on a prayer for cue cards". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Exclusive: Abby Elliott on Her New Movie, A Role on 'How I Met Your Mother,' and Leaving 'SNL'". Elle. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Not so Fun Size comedy". The Irish News. November 2, 2012. Archived from the original on January 7, 2014.
- "Happy Endings -- Abby Elliott to guest star". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- Oh, Eunice; Triggs, Charlotte (August 19, 2010). "Fred Armisen and Abby Elliott's Relationship in 'Early Stages'". People. Retrieved October 24, 2019.
- Triggs, Charlotte (September 27, 2011). "Fred Armisen and Abby Elliott Split". People. Retrieved October 24, 2019.
- "Abby Elliott Shares "Beautiful" Proposal Story". The Knot. January 26, 2016.
- Giancarlo Volpe (director) (September 19, 2016). "Girls' Day Out". Star vs. the Forces of Evil. Season 2. Disney XD.