Ethnic origin and religion
According to some sources, he is Kurdish; according to Üzeyir Tekin, he is of partial Albanian and Kurdish origin; and according to Hasan Celal Güzel, a friend of Aksu family, he is of Turkish (Turkmen) origin.
He is currently a member of Ak Party and of the Turkish Parliament. Previously, he was member of The Motherland Party of Turkey and Fazilet Parties. He served as the Interior Minister from 1989 to 1991 and from 2002 to 2007. He also served as the government minister in 1996.
- Natali Denise, The Kurds and the state: evolving national identity in Iraq, Turkey, and Iran, Syracuse University Press, 2005, p. 114.
- Maya Shatzmiller, Nationalism and Minority Identities in Islamic Societies, McGill-Queen's Press, 2005, ISBN 0-7735-2848-2, p. 255. "Abdulkadir Aksu, a prominent Kurdish politician from Diyarbakır".
- Emrullah Uslu, "Turkey’s Kurdish Problem: Steps Toward a Solution", Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, 1521-0731, Vol: 30, No 2, 2007, pp. 157–172. "many ethnic Kurds have been appointed to high government positions, including Abdulkadir Aksu".
- Tekin, Üzeyir (April 2010). Abdülkadir Aksu. Oriennt Yayınları. ISBN 978-975-6124-09-3.[page needed]
- "Hasan Celal Güzel: Merkez sağda birlik için Özal`a `Demirel cumhurbaşk...". zaman. 2006-01-31. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Eurasia Review: "The Naqshbandi-Khalidi Order And Political Islam In Turkey – Analysis" By Hudson Institue September 5, 2015