Abd al-Rahman al-Fasi
|Criticism and awards|
Abu Zaid Abd al-Rahman Abu Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Qadir al-Fasi (Arabic: أبو زيد عبد الرحمن أبو محمد بن عبد القادر الفاسي; c. 1631–1685) was a Moroccan writer in the field of law, history, astronomy and music. He wrote some 170 books and has been called the Suyuti of his time. He was a follower of his father, the Sufi saint Abd al-Qadir Ibn Ali Ibn Yusuf al-Fasi (1599–1680).
Books by al-Fasi
- Hawashi ala Kalam, Fez 1899
- Ibtihaj al-qulub bi khabar al-Shaykh Abi al-Mahasin wa wa shaykhihi al-Majdhub (a biography of Abu l-Mahasin Yusuf al-Fasi and other Moroccan sheikhs)
- Sharh al' Amal al-Fasi (treatise on law), lithography, Fes, ed. Al-Matba'a al Maghribiya, 1899
- Bu Şinaq, translated by Nicolae Dobrişan, ANA, 2nd vol., p. 128–134.
- al-Djumu fi ilm al-musiqi wa'l tubul (The gatherings in the theory of music and the musical modes)
- Al-Kattani, Salwat al-Anfas I, 32
- "Al-Lamiya de az-Zaqqaq, al-'Amal al-Fasi de 'Abd ar-Rahman al-Fasi, y al-'Amal al-Mutlaq de as-Siyilmasi" by Henry Toledano, International Journal of Middle East Studies, vol. 5, 1974.
- Brockelmann, GAL SII, p. 694
- Levi Provençal, Chorfa 266
- John Ralph Willis, In the path of Allah: the passion of al-Hajj Umar, p. 225
|This Moroccan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|